3rd June 2011, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

What should I take up in future after B.E ECE between GATE, IES and IAS? Tips to prepare for the exam?

I have just completed my third year BE(ECE) and i have one solid year left so what am i to take up in future GATE or IES or IAS ? I have a decent score of about 86% in my academics and is coaching class a must to write these exams or shall we rely on text books itself?
please give me some tips to prepare for these exams at home itself..

18th July 2011, 08:18 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What should I take up in future after B.E ECE between GATE, IES and IAS? Tips to prepare for the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have just completed my third year BE(ECE) and i have one solid year left so what am i to take up in future GATE or IES or IAS ? I have a decent score of about 86% in my academics and is coaching class a must to write these exams or shall we rely on text books itself?
Very good percentage in your academics ..!! Congratulations for that.

With your percentage anyone can guess you as a intelligent person with full knowledge on your subjects. If this is true check this questions and decide yourself what to do.

->If you are interested in earning lakhs of Salaries then go for M.Tech in IIT's because the starting salary of a M.Tech graduate is some lakhs of rupees per year.

->If you are not interested in Earning huge money but interested in engineering field go for IES(Indian Engineering services) where you can serve your country with your brain of Engineering.

->If you are not interested in Engineering field only then you can go for IAS to serve your mother land with your intellectual brain.

this is how you can decide yourself what to do after completing your engineering.

Coming to coaching it is a mandatory thing for most of the average and above average students because these examinations are totally different from our theoritical engineering so there is a need to understand the change so it will be a good option if you go for coaching in a good institute.

All the very best

Regards

~AdityA~
18th July 2011, 09:19 AM
rana2011
Banned

Default Re: What should I take up in future after B.E ECE between GATE, IES and IAS? Tips to prepare for the exam?

My friend , it depnds on your mind that on which you are intarested more.

Here three lines(GATE,IES and IAS) have different value on money,make field and hands power,such as:

1.If you want to earn huse mony then go at M.TECH , because a M.TECH may earn more than 1 lacks per month ,if hve quqlity at work area.

2.If you want to daliver a great tecnologies to your country and be known by name at in and out of country than go to IES.

3.If ypu want to take power on your hand and also want to give a good guide at administrative lavel with your intelligent brain then I suggest for IAS.

All the best!
18th July 2011, 10:12 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I take up in future after B.E ECE between GATE, IES and IAS? Tips to prepare for the exam?

dear friend,
My friend your academic record is no doubt very good..
Which shows that you are talented, hard working...

As you have mentioned that you are from ECE department, so it will be better for you to go for M.tech, rather than IAS or IES..

But it is depend upon personal interest..

If you want to make your career in technical field then go for M.tech...
For that you have to appear in GATE..
After completion of your M.tech you can get a good job in core..
you can also go for higher study..

But if you want to do administrative jobs then go for exams like-IAS, IES etc...
These are the exams conducted by UPSC...

so, now you decide in which field you want to make your future..

All the best..
18th July 2011, 11:17 PM
sachin6

IAS,IPS AND GATE EXAM ALL ARE GOOD. You write UPSC EXAM FOR IAS AND IPS. IT CONDUCTS EVERY YEAR. GATE EXAM IS THE ENTRANCE EXAM FOR THE PG COURSES
19th July 2011, 12:09 AM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Hi,

you are very intelligent student .you should choose any one from these.

If you are intrested in higher education then you should join M.Tech.M.Tech is very good course if you get admission in IIT college for M.Tech then it will be very good for you.
M.Tech from IIT college is a dream of every engineering if you have chance then you should took this chance.

If you are not intrested in higher education then you can go for IAS and IES exam.these exam are also very good you can get success in these exam.you have all eligibility for these exam.

I will advise you to join any course according to your intrest because without any intrest you cant complete any work.for success of any work intrest is necessary.

best of luck.
19th July 2011, 03:25 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dear friend,
since your percentage in b.tech is very good, i will suggest you to do m.tech by giving gate exam.
this is because if you get admission in topmost colleges of india like iit or nit, then you will earn a lot of money from starting.
in all the iit or nit colleges, most of the m.tech students get 50,000 to 60,000 rs in campus placement only and once they gain some experience then there will be a lot of increase in their salary.
so you must do m.tech.
but the choice is your. ies is also very good but there are a very few seats in that exam. that is why i suggested you m.tech.
16th August 2011, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

How many seats r available in iit?how rank is needed to get iit?
15th September 2011, 05:46 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

My friend , it depnds on your mind that on which you are intarested more.

Here three lines(GATE,IES and IAS) have different value on money,make field and hands power,such as:

1.If you want to earn huse mony then go at M.TECH , because a M.TECH may earn more than 1 lacks per month ,if hve quqlity at work area.

2.If you want to daliver a great tecnologies to your country and be known by name at in and out of country than go to IES.

3.If ypu want to take power on your hand and also want to give a good guide at administrative lavel with your intelligent brain then I suggest for IAS.
30th December 2011, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

What is the similarity between GATE AND I.E.S preparation?is it possible to prepare I.E.S without coaching?
7th January 2012, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

i m in 4th year and persuing b.tech(EC) and my percentage is aroung 65%. can i appear for the IAS or IES?
Please guide me regarding that and tell me the subjects required for IAS so that i can start preparing for that.
7th January 2012, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

I am in 4th year n persuing B.Tech (EC) and my percentage is around 65%. Am i eligible to appear for IAS and IES?
Please guide me regarding this and also tell me about the subjects required for IAS.
22nd April 2012, 05:58 PM
deepak kumar patna ,bihar

Red face Re: What should I take up in future after B.E ECE between GATE, IES and IAS? Tips to prepare for the exam?

I have just completed my second year b.tech E.C.E SO WHAT THINGS I HAVE TO DO IN THAT TIME FOR GATE EXAMINATION.
22nd April 2012, 07:19 PM
vinayaga2012

Quote:

E.C.E dept One of the best dept if you look at other depts

Higher studies options

GATE

This entrance exam especially useful to Upgrade your Knowledge as well as higher studies like m.tech if you start heading through M.Tech for Salary Purpose Good Income

IAS & IES

Its helpful for Social Activities ,Serve your Career Path to India

Choice is Upto You
22nd April 2012, 10:15 PM
srinivas933

sir,

I have just complete the BE (ECE) after i am prepare the IAS, IPS,IES.
IAS, IPS,IES the exam is conducted by the UPSC on in a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
-> The candidate should be complete graduation from a recognised university.
-> Final year candidates are also eligible.
-> Age limits is 21 years to 30 years, 3years age relaxation for the OBC candidates, 5 years age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.
-> Candidate should be a citizen of india.

SELECTION PROCEDURE :
~ Preliminary,
~ Main exam,
~ Interview.

For more details check visit
Http:// www.upsc.gov.in
13th August 2013, 08:05 PM
kota.apparao

Hello friend,
If you are more comfortable with general awareness then you choose IAS and IES.If you are more comfortable with your subject then go to the GATE exam.Once you prepare for gate and general awareness then 3 are easy....
Best of luck....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?