15th April 2012, 05:12 PM
prerna khedwal

What is the required percentage in 10th for IIM Selection?

required percentage of 10th class for iim selection...please tell me how much

21st April 2012, 10:37 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the required percentage in 10th for IIM Selection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerna khedwal View Post
required percentage of 10th class for iim selection...please tell me how much
The Indian Institutes of Management (IIM's) offers post graduate programs in Management and in order to be considered eligible for these programs, you need to complete you bachelors degree program and score a minimum of 50% in the same. The marks obtained in the 10th standard is only taken into consideration if the rank of two or more candidates ties in the Common Admission Test and if marks obtained in the bachelors degree program and marks obtained in higher secondary level of examination is exactly the same. So basically, there is no fixed percentage of marks in the secondary level of examination which is required to consider candidates to apply for the common admission test, conducted for admission into the IIM's. If you score 50% or more in the bachelors degree program, you will be eligible to take the test, irrespective of the marks scored in +2 or secondary level of examination.
15th June 2013, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Hw much marks are required in std-10 nd std-12 to get admission in IIMA?
16th June 2013, 12:23 AM
nis_exam

Hi friend,

>>>IIM stands for Indian Institute Of Management that offers master degree in management

>>>They don't ask your 10th and 12th percentage

>>>They are interested in your graduation percentage so you have to score minimum 50% in graduation

>>>Most important thing you have to score more in CAT entrance exam which is held once in a year

>>>Hope so now you are clear

Thank You and All the best for your future
16th June 2013, 12:51 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

for getting admission into any IIMs or any other MBA college, you need to appear for MBA entrance exam.

10th and 12th marks do play a very important role in deciding your admission. However, there is no fixed marks criteria.
The more you score, better is your chance.

For example, if you score 90 and above, you will get 5 points
If you score 80 and above, you will get 4 points etc

All the best
16th June 2013, 12:57 AM
mushtang

For getting into IIM, you will have to appy for CAT examination after completing Graduation in either engineering or BBA, BCA.
Minimum 60% in 10 and 10+2 level.

Due to Much higher competition in IIM, You need a very high score in CAT

Good Luck
16th June 2013, 02:18 AM
Beawar

Dear..

First of all let me tell you that you are very young for the admission process of Indian Institute of Management and as of now you are not eligible for the course, But it is a good thing that you are so focused in your career and want to complete and Management degree from the most reputed Management Business school of India. IIM conducts CAT exam every year for the admission in their college and the eligibility is as follows :-

First of all let me tell you that there are only Post graduate courses available so you are not eligible until you complete your graduation.

Cat is the entrance exam which is conducted every year and if you want to study in IIM's then you have to clear this entrance exam anyhow.

There is no age limit for the course and also if you have experience then it will be better for you as this will help you in getting better package as compare to other fresher students.

10th and 12th marks are not required but ideally you must have more then 60% marks in all of your Important exams like 10th 12th as well as in Graduation so that it frames a better picture of yours in front of the selection panel

One more thing that i want to tell you is that the minimum marks required for CAT eligibility is 50% and there is a 5% relaxation to those candidate who are from ST and SC category so prepare accordingly

Hope it will assist you

Cheers...!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?