14th June 2011, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after 12th to become an IAS?

for being an i.a.s. what should i do after 12th .i have done my 12th class from cbse board with 75% marks now i want to know about i.a.s

16th September 2011, 05:40 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What should I do after 12th to become an IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
for being an i.a.s. what should i do after 12th .i have done my 12th class from cbse board with 75% marks now i want to know about i.a.s
Good to hear that you have decided at this age only what you have to become in future..

as you have completed your 12th from your provided details you are in a right path only to achieve IAS .

Now the route you should follow should be in this way.

As there is no compulsion on what degree you do to appear in IAS entrance examination.
you can select a degree of your choice. You can select Either 4 year professional degree or 3 year normal degree. but ultimately you must have a degree before applying to IAS exam.

it may be engineering degree.
Medicine degree.
Commerce degree.
Management degree anything .

Every degree holder is eligible to write this examination.
One more thing along with degree is you must have to complete minimum age of 21 years. then only you will be called eligible for the IAS entrance examination.

First complete your interested degree.

Wait for the notification to get released.

apply for the examination . mean while prepare good for the examination
appear and clear each and every stage i.e., Prelims(CSAT) ,Mains , Personal Interview.

after completing all the stages you will get the collective mark based on which a rank is announced

based on that rank you will be provided a service of your choice if available and cadre what you are destined for .

this is the road map of your success story if everything goes right.

this is all about your question

Regards

~aditya~
16th September 2011, 07:25 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do after 12th to become an IAS?

first of all you should have to complete your graduation in any stream , from any recognized university. for general candidates the age limit exist for this exam, conducted by UPSC every year, 21-30. also there are 3 & 3 years relaxation for SC\ST candidates.
16th September 2011, 07:27 PM
abhi1919

You must do graduation from a recognized college or university.
Only then you can give ias.
But i advice you to start preparing for it from now .
16th September 2011, 07:35 PM
abhi1919

You must do graduation from a recognized college or university.
Only then you can give ias.
But i advice you to start preparing for it from now .
16th September 2011, 07:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear friend,

After 12th you can choose any department for graduation degree. After completion of your graduation you are eligible for IAS exam.

IAS exam is one of the toughest exam so you can prepare well because some of few candidate can crack this exam.

This exam is conducted by UPSC in onece time in year.

Those candiadte are graduate from any recognized university with any dicipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

thanks
16th September 2011, 08:27 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

you should have to complete your graduation,in any stream.
the age limit exist for this exam is 21-30 for gener5al candidates.
appear and clear each and every stage i.e., Prelims(CSAT) ,Mains , Personal Interview.

after completing all the stages you will get the collective mark based on which a rank is announced.
16th September 2011, 08:34 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

you should have to complete your graduation,in any stream.
the age limit exist for this exam is 21-30 for gener5al candidates.

after completing all the stages you will get the collective mark based on which a rank is announced.
16th September 2011, 08:59 PM
dil-jale

Eligibility Criteria For IAS

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs)

thanks
16th September 2011, 09:00 PM
dil-jale

Eligibility Criteria For IAS

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs)

thanks
16th September 2011, 10:14 PM
amit kumar rithala

any three year regular degree is needed for the entrance test for the ias
that is not important which degree u have it is commerce, science or arts
16th September 2011, 10:32 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
After qualifying the +2 level of examination, the very first thing you should do is to pursue a bachelors degree program. Once you complete your bachelors degree program, you will be eligible to apply for civil service examination.
You can select any stream, as per your interest for your degree program because there is no restriction regarding the stream in the civil service exam.
If you are a graduate and within the age limit of 21-30 years, you are eligible to write the exam.
Now, as far as the format of the exam is concerned, it comprise of three stages including two written exam. In the first stage of the examination, known as civil service aptitude test, you will have to appear for two compulsory papers which will be based on General Studies and basic aptitude test.
Once you qualify the stage , you will be eligible to appear for the second stage known as the Main exam. In this stage, there will be compulsory as well as optional papers.

Since you have enough time left before you appear for the exam, you must concentrate on your bachelors degree program and try to prepare for the civil service exam along with it. For preparation, you must refer to the syllabus and previous year question papers.
17th September 2011, 09:48 AM
nagamalleswararaoyaramasu

my dear friend
you need to write entrance exam to become a ias
good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?