27th August 2017, 12:31 PM
pranay6284

What should I do after B.Com to appear for UPSC and MPSC exams? Am I eligible to apply now?

What should I do after B.Com to appear for UPSC and MPSC exams? Am I eligible to apply now? I just have completed graduation. What are the minimum criteria required to apply for the exams? Can someone please guide me with the details? Thank you!

28th August 2017, 02:46 AM
Satvantanu

Default Re: What should I do after B.Com to appear for UPSC and MPSC exams? Am I eligible to apply now?

For appearing in exam a degree of graduation in any stream from any university recognized by University grants Commission (UGC)
UPSC
Direct recuitment
Promotion
Deputation /absorption
Compositc method(Depatmental promotion)
Exam for direct recuitment
Competitive examination selection
Civil service examination
Engineering service examination
Combined defence service examination
National defence service examination
Naval Academy examination
Special class railway apprentice
Indian forest service Indian economic service
Indian statistical service

MPPSC
State civil service examination
Ayurved Medical
Officer examination
Forest service examination
Engineering service examination
28th August 2017, 09:49 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after B.Com to appear for UPSC and MPSC exams? Am I eligible to apply now?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in U.P.S.C or M.P.S.C examination as per educational qualification.

The required minimum eligibility to appear in examination is :

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit to appear in examination is 21-32 years for UPSC while for MPSC it is 19-33 years.

So, if you fulfill the age criteria you can appear in examination. The examination is conducted in three stages.

So, for final selection for service candidates have to qualify in all three stages of examination.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in or www.mpsc.gov.in.
28th August 2017, 10:42 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for UPSC and MPSC exams:

1. After bachelor's degree in commerce, you can apply for Civil Services exam, CAPF exam, CDS exam etc as well as for MPSC exams.

Age criteria:

Civil Services exam: 21-32 years.

CAPF: 20-25 years.

The age limit for MPSC exam is 19-33 years. Age limit for reserved candidates is relaxed by three years and five years.

You can apply for exam at http://www.upsc.gov.in when notification is published by UPSC.
28th August 2017, 04:29 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for UPSC & MPSC exam. The full details about the eligibility requirements are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria for MPSC exam:
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate should have done their graduation or equivalent degree in any stream from any recognised university.
- The candidates who are pursing their last year graduation are also eligible to apply for MPSC.
- The age limit is 19 - 33 years. There is 3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ ST candidates, for PwD is 45 years.

Eligibility criteria for UPSC exam:
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate should have done their graduation or equivalent degree in any stream from any recognised university.
- The age limit is 21 - 32 years. There is 3 years age relaxation for OBC, 5 years for SC/ ST candidates.
28th August 2017, 08:18 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your B.Com ( Bachelor of Commerce ) degree course you are eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination ( called as UPSC examination in general ) and MPSC ( Maharashtra Public Service Commission ) on the educational requirement ground as the minimum educational qualification required for appearing in these examination is a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Apart from educational qualification, you need to be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 21 years to 32 years for appearing in Civil Services examination where as for MPSC you must hold the nationality of India with your age lying within 19 years to 33 years. Age relaxation is applicable in both cases as per the government norms.

For more details regarding Civil Services you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in where as for details regarding MPSC examination you can log on to the link www.mpsc.gov.in.
28th August 2017, 10:57 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

* The minimum criteria required for appearing in UPSC ( Officially known as Civil Services ) examination and MPSC examination are as following :-

i) You must hold the citizenship of India.

ii) Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years for appearing in Civil Services examination where as for appearing in MPSC it must lie in between 19 years to 33 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

iii) You must have either completed your graduation degree or must be in the final year of same degree course in any stream from a recognized university.

So it is evident from the above fact that being a B.Com degree holder you are eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination as well as MPSC examination if you satisfy criteria other than educational requirement too.

For detailed information regarding Civil Services examination and MPSC examination you can refer to their respective official links which are www.upsc.gov.in and www.mpsc.gov.in.
28th August 2017, 11:14 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There is no more educational qualification to appear in UPSC or MPSC examination as candidate passed bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear.

The age limit varies for both examination. For UPSC the age limit is 21-32 years while for MPSC examination it is 19-33 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

Other than required qualification candidate also have to qualify in three stages of examination Preliminary, Mains and Interview for final selection.

For syllabus and other details about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in or www.mpsc.gov.in.
29th August 2017, 10:03 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and MPSC stands for Maharashtra Public Service Commission. UPSC conducts entrance exams at national level and MPSC at state level. It is also called State Civil Services exam. The academic qualification required for both exam is same and is bachelor's degree.

You are graduate, so you can apply for both exam. The age criteria for MPSC exam is 19-33 years. In case of UPSC, it is 21-32 years. There is three years upper age relaxation for candidates of OBC and five years for SC/ST candidate.

You need to wait for notification of these exams and when notification is published, you can apply at official website of UPSC and MPSC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?