24th December 2011, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

What should I do for IPS exam after completing my graduation in B.Com?

i have completed my gradutation from b.com
what i have to do for ips exam

24th December 2011, 10:22 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Default Re: What should I do for IPS exam after completing my graduation in B.Com?

Dear pal,
for appearing in the IPS exam you need a bachelor degree .as you have completed your degree you are eligible to appear in the selection procedure which includes common aptitude test, main exam , physical test and personnel interview.
The exam is conducted every year by the union public service commission. Before applying for it you need some preparation.To get through the initial obstruction you need a good preparation for it without which you will not be able to get through it.
Followed by it you need to appear in 9 paper. Of which you can choose five optional papers. To become ips officer you require certain physical requirement. After completing the main test you need to pass through a serious of physical test which includes running, high jump, long jump, short put, etc
the final stage is the personnel interview for which you will be selected based on the physical exam.
24th December 2011, 10:54 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do for IPS exam after completing my graduation in B.Com?

(IPS)Indian Police Service

To become IPS you will have to give civil service exam.
All India Combined Competitive Exam for the Civil Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

you should be graduate in any stream from recognise university.

age of candidate should be minimum 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, Maximum 30 for general category(relaxation for other catagory like 33 for obc and 35 for sc/st).

for general 4 attempts , for obc 7 and no limit for sc/st.

Physical ability like-

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & st (not the sc/obc) – 160 cm
Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & st(not sc/obc)- 145 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Exam Pattern-

Preliminary Exam: It is objective type paper.
Main Exam: It consists of written examination and interview.
24th December 2011, 11:10 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: What should I do for IPS exam after completing my graduation in B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have completed my gradutation from b.com
what i have to do for ips exam
You can apply for the IPS through civil service examination. This examination is conducted by the UPSC every year. This exam is conducted in two phases i.e preliminary examination and the main examination. Candidates who qualify the preliminary examination are only called for the main examination.The eligibility criteria required for this examination is given below:

Education Qualification
Candidate applying for the civil service examination should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the civil service examination.

Age Limit
Candidate applying for the civil service examination should have age between 21 to 30 years.

So you are eligible to apply for the civil service examination if you fall under the above eligibility criteria. For more information on civil service examination you can also visit at the below web site

www.upsc.gov.in
24th December 2011, 12:08 PM
arun.potturu

After completing B.COM you can apply for IPS exam.The eligibility criteria as follows
1.Minimum graduation or degree in any recognised university.
2.Minimum 55% in academics.
2.Age limit 21-30 years.
There is a relaxation in age and marks for reservation candidate.
NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:
1.For general candidates 4 attempts.
2.For OBC categories 7 attempts.
3.For SC/ST categories NO LIMIT.
24th December 2011, 12:18 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear..
After B.com graduate you can apply for IPS exam , There are some eligibility criteria which are as follows.......
*The candidates should be a graduate from any discipline, with aggregate 60% .
*The age limit is 22- 30 yrs.
some more details are below..............

For more details you can visit official website of UPSC from where you can get details information about this exam................

Good luck..........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?