4th March 2013, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

What should I do for merchant Navy?

What to do for merchant navy...Could u please tell me how to do it

7th April 2014, 01:39 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What should I do for merchant Navy?

You can always opt for a course which is more of administration oriented. There are many courses to opt from in context to Merchant Navy. Spanning from 3 years B.Sc. in Nautical Science. Candidates need to be 10+2 with minimum 60 per cent and Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English. Age limit should be between 17 to 25 years. There is also 2 years Higher National Diploma (HND) in Nautical Science. Candidates should be 10+2 PCM and age limit for the course is 25 years. The one year Diploma course in Nautical Science require candidates who have passed class 12 with minimum 55 per cent and with Physics, chemistry and maths. There are 4 months Deck Cadet Course and 4 years Degree course in Marine Engineering. In both courses, candidates have to be class 12 pass and age limit is 25 years. Of course you can join Merchant Navy after completion of class 10 too. There is Deck Cadet Course spanning for 3 Months. Such courses are Diploma in Applied Science or Deck Watchkeeper. It provides the Cadet Pre-sea Training as well as onboard training of 24 Months.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?