25th September 2017, 11:38 AM
rajusre

What should I do for my future career if I have backlogs in my 5 year graduation course?

What should I do for my future career if I have backlogs in my 5-year graduation course? Can you please provide me with the complete details on the steps which I need to take to ensure that I will get a good job next even with the backlogs. Thanks!

25th September 2017, 08:41 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do for my future career if I have backlogs in my 5 year graduation course?

Backlogs would always be a problem for your future career prospects.

You did not mention whether you have completed your 5 year Graduation course or you are still pursuing it.

If you are able to complete all your backlogs by the time you complete your 5 year Graduation course, then there won't be any problems for you.

If you have pending backlogs even after 5 years is complete, then it would result in academic career loss.

Generally Companies would not show interest in hiring this type of candidates.

If you have an academic gap of 1 year, then it is acceptable. You can provide the proper reasons/explanation for the same and can be managed.

But if it is 2 years, then the chances are less to get job opportunities in top companies.

Moreover, you would not be eligible for Campus Placements in case if you have any pending backlogs. You are going to loose such a wonderful opportunity.

So, I would suggest you to complete all your backlogs as early as possible. If required, go for private tutions.

Small companies will give job opportunities with less salary. You can try for such job opportunities.

Even for these small companies also, they would give job only if you perform well in the Interview.

Since you have backlogs and completed them with academic career loss, they would thoroughly test your subject knowledge.

Hence try to be good enough in subject knowledge and communication skills and by showcasing the same in the Interview, you can expect decent job opportunity.
26th September 2017, 06:22 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do for my future career if I have backlogs in my 5 year graduation course?

There will be no difference if you have completed your graduation in 5 years with backlogs because most of the top companies ask for graduation certificate with minimum 60% from any recognised university.

You can even apply for government jobs, private jobs, MNC companies. Based on your stream and your choice of firm the required percentage and minimum requirements varies. You should clear your graduation with a fair percentage. You should have good command on your subjects like if you belong to computers/ electronics you should have good command on computer language and should have good communication skills.

You can apply for companies in which your interested and attend the interview. If you clear all the rounds then you can get job.
26th September 2017, 06:30 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

In current era you need to complete the bachelor degree for some job.
>> You you can not complete the graduation in regular mode then i will prefer you to complete it by IGNOU (distance mode)
>> Meanwhile you can also work as a part time some where if needed.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?