13th September 2011, 03:21 PM
Devyani Ahire

What should I to give IAS exam after completing BSc IT?

I have completed my B.Sc.(I.T.) now I want to give IAS exam what should I do?

14th September 2011, 09:24 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I to give IAS exam after completing BSc IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devyani Ahire View Post
IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service and this examination was Conducted by UPSC Every year and to become IAS Officer you need to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination.

>> The examination was Held in two stages - Preliminary examination and Main examination. Preliminary examination was Objective and there are 2 papers in this examination and both are of same marks and duration and those who cracked this examination are eligible to apply for the Main examination.

To apply for this examination you need to complete your Graduation degree course in any discipline form a recognised university and your age Should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

>> Final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

>> The Notification of this examination was Published in the employment Newspaper OR In the UPSC website in the Month of February, The Notification of this examination was Published on 04/Feb/2012 and the last date of apply for this examination was 05/March/2012 and the examination was going to be held on 20/May/2012.

So, Please wait for the Notification and then fill the Application form Online by visit the UPSC website, You can also Obtained the application form Directly form the Designated Post offices in India.

And If you want to get More Information then please check the UPSC Official website -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th September 2011, 09:55 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
There are some criteria for this post.
*The candidates should be a graduate from any discipline , from a recognize university,
*The age limit is 22 - 30 yrs ,
there is a relaxation for sc/ st & obc candidates.
*The candidates should be a citizen of India.
the exam pattern of IAS are...

good luck..........
14th September 2011, 10:41 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

B.SC in IT are eligible for IAS exam.

This exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

IAS exam date already published in UPSC website so please visit to UPSC site.

thanks
14th September 2011, 02:24 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello Devyani,
Since you have completed your graduation, you are eligible to write civil service exam conducted by union public service commission. It is an common exam conducted for recruitment of candidates in Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service etc.
Apart from being a graduate, you must be within the age limit o f 21-30 years.
The maximum age limit for candidates belonging to SC/ST category is 35 years and for candidates belonging to OBC category, it's 33 years.
To be come an IAS officer, you have qualify all the three stages of the civil service exam which are as follows:
Civil Service Aptitude Test-CSAT
Main Exam
Interview

CSAT and Main exam are written examinations. You have to qualify CSAT to move on to the Main exam.
You must remember that candidates who scores highest marks are only selected for IAS, which means mere qualifying the exam is not enough. So, you have to work hard, in-fact very hard to crack the exam.
21st December 2011, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

My self Umesh Tiwari... Doing aircraft maintenanace engg. my question is that am i applicable for giving the upsc exams as my course is an licence course not a degree course.... so please can you suggest me... mail me on [email protected]
15th May 2012, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

I m in BBA last year. what should i do to give IAS exams.......
31st May 2012, 01:28 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

To apply for this examination you need to complete your Graduation degree course in any discipline form a recognised university and your age Should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

>> Final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

>> The Notification of this examination was Published in the employment Newspaper OR In the UPSC website in the Month of February, The Notification of this examination was Published on 04/Feb/2012 and the last date of apply for this examination was 05/March/2012 and the examination was going to be held on 20/May/2012.
26th August 2013, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for KAS exam after compeleting bsc nursing plz reply
26th August 2013, 09:40 PM
Josphine geetha

Red face Re: What should I to give IAS exam after completing BSc IT?

Quote:
Hi Devyani,

You can go for any coaching class. Because when you go to class we can seperate the time for Preparation. Unless we spend lot of time we can't reach the goal of becoming IAS.

All the best By Geetha.,
27th August 2013, 12:44 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.......................

IAS means Indian Administrative Services and is basically meant for those aspiring candidates who have strong dedication towards the country.

India holds a UPSC examination every year and on the basis of this examination a number of IAS officers are recruitment.

Eligibility Criteria :-

A.)Educational Qualification:-

The minimum qualification required for appearing the competitive examination is Graduation. Many professionals like Engineers, Doctors, persons with Ph.d qualifications are competing for UPSC.

B.)Age Factor:-

1.> For general category :-

21-30 years and can attempt 4 times.

2.>For SC/ST :-

21-35 years ,and there is no limitation .

3.> For the OBC:-

21-33 years and can attempt 7 times.

Paper Pattern for IAS exam :-

1) General-Studies paper carries 150 marks

2) Optional paper carries 150 marks.

Instead of one compulsory paper of General Studies and one Optional paper, both the papers shall be compulsory.
27th August 2013, 09:26 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IAS - Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

As you have completed B.Sc. IT and being a Graduate you are eligble to apply for IAS, Civil Service Exam.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

-Civil Service Main Exam

-Personal Interview

The Civil Service Exam can be applied through both off line and on line mode.

Through off line mode the application Form can be obtained from General Post Offices through out the country.

Through on line mode, the Application Form can be down loaded from the official web site of UPSC i.e. http://www.upsconline com

As the Civil Service Exam is not at all a easy task to get through, at least a year of rigorous preparation is must before sitting for the exam. One may take assistance of any good coaching Institutes for Civil Service exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
27th August 2013, 12:02 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed graduation then apply for the Civil Services Examination. This exam is conducted for Indian Administrative Service and several other civil services. You will have to clear this entrance exam to get selected for Indian Administrative Service.

It is not possible to apply for IAS examination for 2013 since first stage of exam is already over in May. You should wait till next year to apply for the Civil Services Examination.

Please ensure that once the Union Public Service Commission has released the notification, you must register for the entrance exam. It is not possible to apply for the Civil Services Examination without registering for it.

You should use the time between the next examination and now for preparations. It is not going to be easy to clear Civil Services Examination. Therefore you should study very hard for it.

I will say, you must spend 8 to 10 months studying for the Civil Services Examination. You should download the previous year's papers from internet and after few days of study, try to crack them.

It is a good way to understand your weaknesses. You should also get NCERT books for Class 12th to study.

IAS Eligibility

1. Nationality: A citizen of India.

2. Education: Bachelor's degree in any discipline.

3. Marks: There is no criteria.

4. Age Limit: 21 on the lower side.

5. Age Limit: 30 years is the upper age limit.

6. Relaxation: 3 years in upper age limit for OBC.

7. Relaxation: 5 years for SC/ST.

8. Physical Requirements: Nil

Selection Procedure

1. Preliminary Exam - 2 Written Tests

2. Main Exam - 9 Written Tests

3. Personal Interview
27th August 2013, 05:08 PM
falcoon007

Hey,
IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service and this examination was Conducted by UPSC Every year and to become IAS Officer you need to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination.

>> The examination was Held in two stages - Preliminary examination and Main examination. Preliminary examination was Objective and there are 2 papers in this examination and both are of same marks and duration and those who cracked this examination are eligible to apply for the Main examination.

So, Please wait for the Notification and then fill the Application form Online by visit the UPSC website, You can also Obtained the application form Directly form the Designated Post offices in India.

And If you want to get More Information then please check the UPSC Official website -

http://www.upsc.gov.in

wish u luckk_______!!
27th August 2013, 05:32 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS Officer you have to appear in the UPSC Civil Services Exams

Minimum eligibilty to apply for the UPSC Civil Services exams is:

Education: Graduation pass in any stream from a recognized university
No minimum percentage of marks is required in Graduation

Age- Minimum 21 years
Maximum 30 years
OBC can apply till 33 years
SC/ST can apply till 35 years

Attempts/Chances: UPSC has also fixed number of attempts
General- 4 times
OBC-7 times
SC/ST-No Restrictions

UPSC Civil Services Exams are held in three stages:
Prelims
MAINS
Interview

Next prelims exams would be held in May 2014
28th August 2013, 12:37 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,
According to my view, You must apply IAS exam after B.sc It branch.

IAS - Indian Administrative Service, to become an IAS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Universitry within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

As you are pursing B.Sc. Biotechnology, after completion of which you will be eligible to apply for IAS, Civil Service Exam.

The eligible candidate applying for Civil Service Exam is called for a Preliminary Exam also called as CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test) exam during first phase of exam.

In the second phase, the candidate selected out of CSAT is called for Civil Service Main Exam.

And the final phase of selection is through Personal Interview out of candidate selected from Main Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

28th August 2013, 07:14 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Devyani,

The Acronym "IAS" stands for Indian Administrative Services. Its really nice to see that you are interested in giving the IAS Entrance Exam being a girl.

The IAS Exam is known as the Civil Services Exam. This Exam is one of the most prestigious and toughest examinations conducted every year.

Along with entrance in the Indian Administrative Services , the Civil Services Exam also provides the opportunity to candidates to get entrance in the following services :

* Indian Police Services

* Indian Economic Services

* Indian Foreign Services

The Civil Services Exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The Selection Procedure of the Civil Services Exam is :

1) Preliminary Examination

2) MAINS Examination

3) Personal Interview

The Eligibility Criteria Required for the Civil Services Exam are :

## Educational Qualifications :

>> The candidate must have completed graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

>> There is no percentage bar for the exam.

>> Candidates appearing in the final year of graduation can also apply.

## Age Limit :

>> For General Candidates : 21-30 yrs

>> For OBC Candidates : 21-33 yrs

>> For SC/ST Candidates : 21-35 yrs

## Nationality :

>> The candidate must be an Indian Citizen. OR,

>> A Subject of Nepal. OR,

>> A Subject of Bhutan.

So , As you have completed B.Sc in Information & Technology , you are eligible for the IAS Exam if you fulfill the age criteria.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
31st August 2013, 01:25 PM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

dear aspirant

ias stands for Indian administration services , it is conducted under civil services exam by upsc

along with Indian administrative services civil services exam conducts exams for :

Indian police services

Indian forest services

Indian economic services

ELIGIBILITY for ias :

must be a citizen of India

must have completed a graduation degree from a recognized university

no marks requirement

final year students are also eligible to apply

age limit is 21-30 years

age relaxation for obc candidates is 3 years

age relaxation for sc/st is 5 years

SELECTION PROCEDURE :

prelims

mains

interview

as you have completed your b.sc you are eligible for ias exam, you should join good ias coaching classes for your better preparation as well as cover all ncert books upto class 12th,

good luck
6th September 2013, 10:46 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. The examination is conducted by UPSC to recruit candidate in civil services.

The process of selection of candidate is as follows :

i) Preliminary Exam

ii) MAINS Exam

iii) Interview

The Eligibility Criteria a candidate must have for the Civil Services Exam are :

* The candidate must be a graduate in any stream from any recognized college / university with minimum passing marks.

* Candidates who are in the final year of graduation are also eligible to apply apply.

* Age Limit criteria differs for different category candidates :

General = 21-30 yrs

OBC = 21-33 yrs

SC/ST = 21-35 yrs

* Nationality - Indian OR,

i) A Subject of Nepal. OR,

ii) A Subject of Bhutan.

According to your qualification you are eligible for IAS examination.

This is the all I have to share with you.

Thanks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?