4th October 2011, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

What subject combination would suit me most while doing my MBA after BCA?

I'm currently doing my BCA and would like to take up MBA for my further education.What Subject combination would suit me most while doing my MBA?

23rd February 2016, 11:42 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What subject combination would suit me most while doing my MBA after BCA?

This is one of the most common questions that is heard among MBA aspirants. It deals with the confusion of which MBA stream to go for, if one wants a good career ahead. Though, this hardly makes any difference since each and every MBA stream has its own sweet importance, it all boils down to the interest of the student as to what he/she wants to do in his/her professional career.

Speaking of MBA, it basically stands for Masters of Business Administration and it a highly respected post graduation in the society. It is usually of 2 years duration and can be taken up by any graduate of any stream but from a recognized college or university.

Now since India is a huge nation, it has fierce levels of competition when it comes to entrance / competitive exams. Be it IIT or IIMs, the level of toughness is same. I would get you introduced to the procedure on how to take up MBA first and then guide on which one take.

To take up MBA, you have to have a graduation degree at hand/appeared for the same in final year. You may start applying for the entrance exams such as CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT, NMAT, CMAT, IIFT, SNAP etc right from August Every year. These are gateways to the top colleges in India such as the IITs, IIMs, Narsee Monjee, IIFT, XLRI, SIBM, FMS, IMI, XIMB, SP Jain etc.

If you are able to crack/score a very high percentile in any of these exams, then you would be called for further rounds of Group Discussion and Personal Interview. If you clear it all, you can take admission to the respective MBA College.

Now as you say that you are a BCA, which is a technical / IT field of studies I would recommend MBA in Information Systems for you. However, this is a personal choice and it need not mean compulsory for you to take it up. MBA is something which is usually totally different from what you have done in your graduation. People from Arts background take up Human Resources, Operations and others. Thus, please do not feel constrained about this.

There are majorly 5 streams in MBA: Finance, HR, Marketing, Operations and Information Systems. If you have interest in any other area, then I would recommend you taking that. This would not only maintain your interest in studies and the subjects but also help you flourish your career. The decision would be best taken by you. Any subject where your interest lies would suit you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?