16th August 2012, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

What types of posts are there in Merchant Navy? What is the age requirement?

Which types posts in merchant navy. which types study required for join merchant navy . How can we join merchant navy. What's age require for it.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to join Merchant Navy after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  3. What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? Age limit and requirements for joining merchant navy?
  4. Which posts can i apply for in Merchant Navy after completing B.Tech(Automobile)? Exams for the same?
  5. How to do graduation in marine engineering after my engineering in mechanical? What is the eligibility criteria?
  6. How to join merchant navy after B.Tech in mechanical?
  7. What is the physical as well as educational requirement to join Merchant Navy?
  8. Can I join merchant navy after passing class 10th from CBSE board
  9. Can I join Merchant Navy being a candidate pursuing final year of EEE and at an age of 19 years? How to apply for Merchant Navy?
  10. Eyesight requirement in medical fitness test to join Merchant Navy?
  11. Hwo to join merchant Navy if I am interested in Merchant Navy?
  12. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  13. Is there any chance to join Navy or Merchant Navy after doing BBA? What is the age limit to join Navy or Merchant Navy
  14. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  15. How can I join Indian Merchant Navy?
  16. Can I join merchant navy after passing BSc at an age of 52 years?
  17. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy? -- [New]
  18. Can I appear for Merchant Navy after BSc Economics? What is the eligibility criteria?
30th August 2012, 01:25 PM
incredibleshub

Default Re: What types of posts are there in Merchant Navy? What is the age requirement?

Mechanical Engineers works on the ships as Junior Engineers.

Pay Scale: 20000 to 45000Rs. pm

Well there are two aspects in Merchant Navy
---------------------------------------------->

1. Nautical science and Marine engineering
  2. Navigational and Engineering fields

1.Eligibility conditions for Nautical science and Marine engineering:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

• You should have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school.
  • You must have minimum 60% marks in PCM.
  • Your Age should not be more than 20 years{5 years relaxation for ST/SC}

Duration of course: 2 years

2. Eligibility conditions for Navigational and Engineering fields of Merchant Navy
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• You must complete a Bachelors degree in Nautical Science or Marine engineering.
  • You must have secured minimum 55% marks.
  • Your Age must be between 18 to 24 years.

Duration of course: 1 years

Physical requirements for Merchant navy as follows:
------------------------------------------------------

You should be physically and mentally fit.
  • Eye Sight = 6/6,
  • Height = 167 cms,
  • Weight = 50 Kg
  • Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)

Selection Procedure for Merchant NAVY
-------------------------------------------

You can go into this profession through IIT JEE entrance exam. After qualifying screening test of
IIT JEE, you are able to peruse merchant navy course after that you will be eligible for merchant navy jobs.

good luck
30th August 2012, 01:26 PM
incredibleshub

Default Re: What types of posts are there in Merchant Navy? What is the age requirement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which types posts in merchant navy. which types study required for join merchant navy . How can we join merchant navy. What's age require for it.
Mechanical Engineers works on the ships as Junior Engineers.

Pay Scale: 20000 to 45000Rs. pm

Well there are two aspects in Merchant Navy
---------------------------------------------->

1. Nautical science and Marine engineering
  2. Navigational and Engineering fields

1.Eligibility conditions for Nautical science and Marine engineering:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

• You should have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school.
  • You must have minimum 60% marks in PCM.
  • Your Age should not be more than 20 years{5 years relaxation for ST/SC}

Duration of course: 2 years

2. Eligibility conditions for Navigational and Engineering fields of Merchant Navy
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• You must complete a Bachelors degree in Nautical Science or Marine engineering.
  • You must have secured minimum 55% marks.
  • Your Age must be between 18 to 24 years.

Duration of course: 1 years

Physical requirements for Merchant navy as follows:
------------------------------------------------------

You should be physically and mentally fit.
  • Eye Sight = 6/6,
  • Height = 167 cms,
  • Weight = 50 Kg
  • Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)

Selection Procedure for Merchant NAVY
-------------------------------------------

You can go into this profession through IIT JEE entrance exam. After qualifying screening test of
IIT JEE, you are able to peruse merchant navy course after that you will be eligible for merchant navy jobs.

good luck
22nd April 2013, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

is sinus patient recruited for merchant navy as mechanical engineer?
22nd April 2013, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

is sinus patient recruit for merchant navy?
21st June 2013, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

can i join job after completing my 12th standard
22nd June 2013, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

hi sir
i an anil. I am in 12th std in sci with pcm. My quation is how can i join merchant navy?
22nd June 2013, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

what is the highest post in merchant navy
20th September 2013, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

now i am chemical engg student can i joint marchant navy..............what is age limit
7th October 2013, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

sir i have pass my 12th with 61% and i got more then 70% in match 60% in physics but i have got less then 50% in chemistry and age is 18 can i join merchant navy at any post if i can get then what will be salary
17th December 2013, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

I am in Arts Student. Can I join merchant navy.
26th December 2013, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

Sir my name is Sumit boliwal and I want to know that what is the highest post in merchant navy and what is qualifications for it ?
22nd August 2014, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I do my B.tech with Electrical Engineering. Can I join Merchant navy (I want to do direct course of 4 month after B,tech )
Please Short out My PROBLEM....
9th October 2014, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

age limit in merchant navy?
31st January 2015, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

respected sir i am nikkil 10 cls passed archieve 89.6% also age 17y much money salary provide by u
8th October 2015, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.A in geography subject with 54% and also done MBA in opretion & production managment. Now my age is 28yrs. Can i join merchant navy. Pls advice me.
12th May 2017, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

I have already gave my 12th exam But the result has not come so can i join merchant navi & how can i join merchant Navi
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?