9th May 2013, 06:16 PM
jayeshchanti

What is the use of doing M.Tech after B.Tech?

what is the use of doing m.tech after b.tech...coud u please tell me

25th July 2013, 06:43 PM
chuci
Member+

Default Re: What is the use of doing M.Tech after B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeshchanti View Post
what is the use of doing m.tech after b.tech...coud u please tell me
These are few common questions that almost every final year engineering student has in mind. I had similar questions when I was in B.Tech’s final year, and I had friends who made different decisions at that time. Few prepared GRE and TOFEL and went to US and few took computer courses and joined software industry, few went to government jobs and few like me moved for M.Tech.

Reasons for doing M.Tech. Highly respected, high paid job and a job where we have more control to do things that we like. We got a chance to think of the best way to get higher positions in a short time. Entry to this higher positions in a short time is only possible through IITs. For that give GATE and score high.

The first and foremost advantage of doing M.Tech is that you get time to think where things are going and how you can control them. Where do you want to go and what is your ultimate destination. You know the mistakes you made in B.Tech thus u can avoid them and improve to recover from them.

The second advantage of doing M.Tech is that you add a value to education and will definitely have benefit in the long run. As we are moving ahead in life our educational qualifications are becoming more and more important. At some point where all other competitors have same technical skills you will be given preference over others because of qualification.

The third advantage is that you will get more insight into the subjects as this time you are mature enough to understand the subjects. Usually teachers or professors are better than the ones who taught you in B.Tech and you are more exposed to applications.

The fourth advantage is you will have good friends who are similar to you and trying hard to move ahead in life. If your institute is good you will see all of them in high positions in future, their contacts may be good enough for you to start new projects and help many.

There are lots of other advantages of doing a higher degree. But there may be many social constraints and difficulties that may prevent you from doing master degree.

More and better companies are coming for Campus Placement in leading Institutes
Higher salaries are being offered for M.Tech as compared to B.E.
M.Tech degree leads to specialization and furthering of interest in a certain area which may lead to Ph.D
M.Tech degree is a must for those wishing to apply for Faculty/Research positions in educational Institutes/R&D centers.
Scholarship is paid during M.Tech, so no headache to parents for financial requirements.
The M.Tech program is a 3 semester (18 months) program; so get more time to work out career opportunities.
MOST IMPORTANTLY to get to be a part of any Nationally reputed Educational Institute and enjoy learning and research.

all the best for your carrier..!!!
29th October 2013, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the use of doing M.Tech after B.Tech?

How to accquire B-TECH in aeronautical engineering from defence academies?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?