1st June 2016, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

What is the validity of NET exam if I have qualified first year of master degree?

If a person in first year of master degree qualifies the NET exam, then is it valid for lifetime or have to qualify after master degree. Validity of NET EXAM IF QUALIFY IN FIRST YEAR OF MASTER DEGREE? Who can provide me the details on this?

2nd June 2016, 08:23 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the validity of NET exam if I have qualified first year of master degree?

Candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research Fellowship will be eligible to receive fellowship of UGC under various schemes, subject to their finding placement in universities/IITs/institutions.

The validity period of the offer is two years w.e.f. the date of issue of JRF Award Letter.
2nd June 2016, 01:39 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the validity of NET exam if I have qualified first year of master degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If a person in first year of master degree qualifies the NET exam, then is it valid for lifetime or have to qualify after master degree. Validity of NET EXAM IF QUALIFY IN FIRST YEAR OF MASTER DEGREE? Who can provide me the details on this?
NET stands for National Eligiblity Test. NET exam being conducted by University Grant Commission.

The exam will be conducted for the award of junior Research Fellowship(JRF) and also for eligibility into Lectureship.

Eligibility Criteria:-

You need to be a citizen of India.
You need to complete the post graduation from any recognized university.
You have to score a minimum 55% of marks in their post graduation course in order to be eligible for this exam.
Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for tech candidates of sc/st categories.

Age limit:

-There is no upper age limit for the candidate lectureship.
-For junior research fellowship candidates the age limit should be between 19 to 28 years.

Please Note:- The UGC NET score card validity is lifetime for lectureship post but for JRF its valid for only two years from the date of issue of JRF Award Letter.

Official Website: http://www.ugcnetonline.in
29th September 2018, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

If any candidate who is appearing his masters 3rd sem and qualified net exam and failed in master's for two times then how much time he will get to keep his net valid.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?