19th December 2013, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

Is it mandatory to have 2 years Master degree for NET?

Hi I had my master degree(Master of information technology, 1.5 years coure) from QUT(queensland university of technology, Brisbane , Australia) with GPA 4.8 out of 7.
Just want to know, am I elligible for UGC-NET.

4.8 GPA=55% ?
Is it mandatory to have 2 years Master degree for NET ?

Regards
VInay kumar
Mob 9953597515
[email protected]

21st December 2013, 10:52 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to have 2 years Master degree for NET?

UGC NET exam stands for the National Eligibility Test. Basically this exam is for those candidates who want to be lecturer of teachers in schools,Institutes Or Colleges.Any one can expect teaching job after cracking the NET exam.NETT e exam the basic eligibility for the NET exam is having the Master degree.

NET exam is held by the UGC every year and generally the form of NET exam is available in the December Month of every year and the detailed eligibility criteria is given below-

Candidate must need a qualification of Master degree.
Candidate must need to have minimum of 55% marks in his or her master degree in order to apply for the NET exam.

If any candidate who have the master degree with at least of 55% marks in his or her master degree than he or she will surely eligible to apply for the NET exam. Many candidates who have just 54% marks in there master degrees are unable to gave NET exam just because of 1%.

So if you have the 55% marks in your master degree than surely you are eligible to apply for the UGC NET exam. You don't need to worry weather you have 2 years master degree or 1.5 years as i think 1.5 year master degree considered as of 2 years.

So go for the NET exam and apply when ever the form available. And if we talk about your CGPA then it is 4.8 which is quite good from 7. and I think it is not 55% but it is quite more than the 55%. So don't worry you are eligible to apply for the UGC NET exam.

If you qualified the NET exam than surely you can become Teacher or Lecturer in college or Institutes.
27th April 2016, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

Hello

I also graduated from Melbourne uni with a 1.5 year masters degree. Net authorties have been harassing me about this and disposed of my case saying that they do not recognise such degrees. What to do ??
27th April 2016, 06:00 PM
abner_pariah

Hi

I personally have had huge problems with NET authority. They have dismissed by degree of 1.5 years as unrecognised . Anyone else have any su h problem ? I graduated from Melbourne uni
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?