28th August 2015, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

What is the difference between Ph.D and integrated Ph.D programs?

I want to know what is the difference between phd and integrated phd programs? Can someone please explain me the complete information on the same as soon as possible to me? Awaiting for the answer to be given soon. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. What is integrated PhD? Difference between M.Sc, PhD and integrated PhD?
  2. What is the difference between PhD and Integrated PhD courses? Course duration of Integrated PhD?
  3. Difference between PhD and Join M.Sc-PhD?
  4. What is Integrated PhD? Duration of Integrated PhD? is it more preferable then doing MSc and PhD separately? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Difference between PhD and Integrated PhD program?
  6. Integrated PhD has more value than PhD done after M.Sc? Duration of course and good universities for it?
  7. Criteria for joining integrated phd (astro physics)? Colleges for integrated phd (astro physics) in Bangalore?
  8. How to do Ph.D after M.Pharmaceutics? Difference between parttime and fulltime PhD?
  9. Is Phd preferable over M.Sc and then PhD? Colleges offering integrated PhD in Mumbai?
  10. Is integrated PhD more valuable? Duration and streams of Chemistry available?
  11. Should I have to pursue Post Graduation for doing Integrated PhD? Course duration of Integrated PhD?
  12. Whether integrated PhD is valued as the orthodox manner?
  13. Procedure of PhD programs Abroad? Universities and countries offering PhD by research?
  14. Information about PhD program after MS in USA?
  15. Detailed information about PhD? Differences between PhD and M.Tech? Eligibility to study both?
  16. Eligibility to study and course duration of Integrated PhD for B.Sc(Astrophhysics) candidate?
  17. Eligibility to do PhD course for who has completed Integrated M.Tech postgraduate on Diploma basis?
  18. List of colleges which offer Integrated PhD for B.Sc(Chemistry) graduate in Tamil Nadu
12th October 2015, 11:36 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the difference between Ph.D and integrated Ph.D programs?

Well, this question has been asked to me by many candidates. The thing is that both courses will give a PhD. degree to a candidate, but the time duration becomes different. In my opinion the integrated PhD. course is a far better course than the general PhD. program. Let me explain you why.
The integrated course allows a person to first pursue a Master's degree and then its subsequent PhD. degree. For example, a candidate is holding M.Sc. degree right now. Then, he or she will first complete the 2 year M.Sc. course and only then will he be automatically assigned a guide to do PhD. with. Now to get this opportunity automatically you need to pursue your M.Sc. course or master degree course really seriously. Some universities even cancel this integrated benefits for a candidate, if he scores less than 55% in their master's degree. So you need to be careful with that. No other special examination is necessary after completing the master's degree. The total time taken by this program is around 8 years, which includes 2 years of M.Sc.
Now general PhD. course takes around 7-8 years in itself. You must have qualified in NET or SET and only then can you make it to the interview of the PhD. program. When you go for such an interview, then you will see thousands of candidates who have already got NET or SET score and that too from a long time. So to make it into a PhD. program among them becomes difficult.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?