16th September 2012, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

When can I give the GATE exam? I am studying in first year engineering

I am studing in first year engineering. When I can give GATE Examination.

9th October 2012, 02:32 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When can I give the GATE exam? I am studying in first year engineering

hi,
Gate exam stands for graduate aptitude test in engineering.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
The candidate should have completed the Graduation on Engineering with any stream from any recognized university.
Candidate who are pursuing final year of Graduatio course in Engineering can also apply for this exam.
Candidate who are pursuing pre Final year of Engineering course are not eligible to apply for this exam.
There is no age criteria to appear for this exam.
One can apply for this exam at any age if he fulfill the required academic Criteria.
There is no limit on the number of attempts for GATE exam.
For more details visit the official website.
Thank you.....
6th September 2013, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: When can I give the GATE exam? I am studying in first year engineering

can i give gate exam while still studying in T.y.Bsc IT..???
7th September 2013, 12:00 AM
piki05

You can appear for gate after completion of B-TECH or in the final year itself.
SOME FACTS TO HELP YOUR PREPARATION FOR GATES
To prepare for GATE exam you require the right approach along with the right study materials and strategy.

-You need to know the content of the test, to ace it. You should be organized and follow a time-table.

-Plan your preparation after knowing your strengths and weaknesses and take a diagnostic test.

-When you get a grip over the basic syllabus, you should start taking regular mock tests to know your preparation status and analyse your performance.

-If in case, you wish to join a coaching center then there are numerous options in the country such as Elite Academy, Brilliant Tutorials, Career Forum, Vani Institute, IES GATE Academy, etc.

-The strategy for success must include: early, continuous, and serious preparation, starting right now.

You may visit the official website for specific details regarding dates, application forms, procedure, sample papers, etc.
7th September 2013, 10:24 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For GATE you must have any one of the following qualification.

Degree in Engineering discipline form a recognized university.

OR

Master Degree in Computer Science or MCA or M.Sc IT from a recognized university.

If you are an Engineering Graduate in final year then you can apply for GATE without any worry.

But if you are studying in B.Sc. IT then you can not apply now and you have to complete M.Sc. IT to become eligible for GATE.

There is no upper age limit for GATE so don't worry about age and concentrate on studies.

GATE is conducted by IITs for admission into M.Tech course in various top colleges like IITs and NITs.

GATE score will also make you eligible for PSU jobs in companies like GAIL, BHEL, SAIL, NTPC etc. So if you want a government job as an Engineer then qualify GATE with a good score.
7th September 2013, 12:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Hai friend

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

After completing the engineering course in any discipline from a recognised university,then you can appear for the GATE exam.

There is no minimum pewrcentage criteria required to appear for the GATE exam.

There is no age limi and you can appear as many times as you wish.

The GATE score once you have secured will be valid for two years and also you can get admission into the M.Tech course depending upon your GATE score.

All The Best
7th September 2013, 01:31 PM
B.Srikanth Yadav

Thumbs up Re: When can I give the GATE exam? I am studying in first year engineering

Hello friend,

Now you are not eligible for Gate exam.You can appear in gate exam in your fourth year.

Eligibility criteria:

1.Bachelor's degree holders Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy (4 years after 10 + 2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

2.Master degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

3.Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-BSc) in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

4.Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognised by UPSC/AICTE (e. g. AMIE) as equivalent to B. E./B. Tech. Those who have completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

Thank You.
7th September 2013, 03:06 PM
bat cool

Hello

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering

After completing Engineering or being in the final(4th) year of engineering you can appear for GATE exam

There is no age limit for writing GATE exam and no marks restrictions in engineering

The GATE exam score card is valid for 2 years. After passing GATE exam you can take admission in M.Tech or other wise get job in the government companies

Your cutoff must be below 1000 All India Rank to get job in the companies

The companies giving jobs with GATE score card are

1. Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL)

2. Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (PGCIL)

3. Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)

4. Gail India

5. Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)

6. NTPC Ltd

7. Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL)

8. MECON

9. Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)

10. National Alluminium Company Ltd (NALCO)

11. Container Corporation of India Ltd. (CONCOR)

12. Heavy Engineering Corporation Ltd (HECL)

13. Delhi Development Authority (DDA)

14. Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited (MECL)

all the best
15th September 2013, 03:26 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.

As you are studying BTech first year now you are not eligible to write GATE.You can write your GATE once you entered into the final year of BTech.Because eligibility criterion for GATE is as follow:
--->Student who have bachelor degree in BTech/BA/Bsc
--->Student in the final year of BTech
--->Student who have their master degree in MTech/Msc/MA
--->Student in the 4th or 5th year of their integrated programme
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good Luck for you GATE and for your future BTech course
15th September 2013, 10:47 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.

Dear aspirant,

The students who completed their bachelor degree or master degree are eligible to write GATE exam.So you can write GATE in your final year of BTech.Once you qualified in the GATE,this score is useful for 2 years.If you crack the GATE you may get an opportunity to study MTech in IIT'S OR NITS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?