29th December 2011, 08:49 PM
Sribangaram

Which are the important subjects for GATE exam? I am now studying ECE 2nd year

Sir, I am now studying E.C.E 2nd year. I want to write GATE. "can you please tell me what are important subject for GATE exam"

15th February 2012, 07:47 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which are the important subjects for GATE exam? I am now studying ECE 2nd year

Hi

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Its regarded as one of the toughest post graduate entrances in our country. So its also one of the most reputated exams to crack.

Now GATE is conducted by the IIT's every year to select candidates for the M.Tech programs in various IIT's, NIT's and other good colleges all over India.

Since you are in ECE, I must tell you that Electronics and Communications is one of the best branches in the world.
Its god huge scope, provided you have to study it properly.

Now there are many subjects in the Electronics and Communications Branch and GATE syllabus speaks that the whole B.Tech syllabus is to be done.

However some of the most important and core subjects which carry maximum weightage in the GATE exam are :

1. Electronic Circuits and Electric Circuits.

2. Control Systems

3. Communication systems - Analog + Digital

4. Electron Devices and Circuits

5. Linear Integrated Circuits

6. VLSI and Microwave

etc and many more...

But these are the core topic which one should be very thorough with.

I am uploading some of the GATE past years papers and GATE ECE syllabus. Please download them and refer for your information and preparations.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE ECE Question Paper with Answers 2011.PDF(327.7 KB, 198 views)
File Type: pdf GATE ECE Solved Paper -2010.PDF(448.9 KB, 149 views)
File Type: pdf GATE ECE Solved Paper -2008.PDF(228.3 KB, 136 views)
File Type: pdf GATE ECE Solved Paper -2007.PDF(229.6 KB, 194 views)
File Type: pdf GATE ECE Solved Paper -2006.PDF(278.1 KB, 229 views)
File Type: pdf ECE.pdf(111.6 KB, 113 views)
15th February 2012, 09:13 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which are the important subjects for GATE exam? I am now studying ECE 2nd year

dear friend,

As you are a student of Electronics and Communication Engineering (E.C.E.) then after B.Tech you can do any of them.There are so many option/subjects among which you can choose any one in your master degree. You have mentioned some subjects which you will get master degree and besides this, I have also mentioned some other subjects. These subjects are ....

1. Digital Communication,
2. Antenna,
3. Analog Communication,
4. Digital Communication,
5. Basic Electronics,
6. VLSI etc.

But I think it is completely depend up on you . The subject which you will feel better it will also be better and beneficial for you.

In my opinion V.L.S.I. (Very Large Scale Integration) system will be best for you.Although it is one of the toughest subject in E.C.E. department. But it has a bright future and once if you make your carrier with this subject then in future you will also be beneficial. Again I shall tell you that the subject which you like most and want to learn and also want to pursue your master degree, you can choose it and make your carrier.

all the best.
15th February 2012, 09:18 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which are the important subjects for GATE exam? I am now studying ECE 2nd year

Hi dear..........
The eligibility criteria for GATE exam are as follows....

The syllabus are as follows for ECE students.

Good luck.............
28th May 2012, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

halo sir i am studing btech 2nd yr in plastic engineering at cipet how i can prepare gate i want to know the subject and related to my stream
7th January 2013, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
xcept qualifying gate xam,wht other xam i cn give for doing m.tech?
8th January 2013, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

which are important subjects for gate? I am now studying in 3 IT
9th July 2013, 07:22 PM
venkata reddy494

Lightbulb Re: Which are the important subjects for GATE exam? I am now studying ECE 2nd year

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyo06 View Post
dear friend,

As you are a student of Electronics and Communication Engineering (E.C.E.) then after B.Tech you can do any of them.There are so many option/subjects among which you can choose any one in your master degree. You have mentioned some subjects which you will get master degree and besides this, I have also mentioned some other subjects. These subjects are ....

1. Digital Communication,
2. Antenna,
3. Analog Communication,
4. Digital Communication,
5. Basic Electronics,
6. VLSI etc.

But I think it is completely depend up on you . The subject which you will feel better it will also be better and beneficial for you.

In my opinion V.L.S.I. (Very Large Scale Integration) system will be best for you.Although it is one of the toughest subject in E.C.E. department. But it has a bright future and once if you make your carrier with this subject then in future you will also be beneficial. Again I shall tell you that the subject which you like most and want to learn and also want to pursue your master degree, you can choose it and make your carrier.

all the best.
thank you sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?