24th October 2016, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should I opt between arts and commerce for joining Indian army?

Hi, this is KKS. Can I know that, what I should opt, arts or commerce, if I want to join Indian army? I'm in 10th right now. Please also give me list of some institutes that, I can choose in both cases.
Thank you.

24th October 2016, 09:12 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which stream should I opt between arts and commerce for joining Indian army?

To join Indian Army after Class 12th the best option in the Indian Army is the option of defense officer through NDA.

* NDA refers to National Defense Academy and to join the same you need to qualify NDA entrance examination for which the minimum eligibility criteria required are as here under :-

1) You must be an unmarried Indian male applicant with physical fitness as per the requirement of service as per the notification chart of same examination.

2) Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

3) You must have passed your Class 12th in any discipline from a recognized board of examination.

* Apart from the option of defense officer you can also join Indian Army as a soldier clerk or tradesmen by competing its rally followed by Common entrance examination. Also for the same post you need to be Class 12th passed in any discipline with age lying within 17 years to 21 years.

So it is quite evident from the above eligibility criteria that for joining Indian Army there is no requirement of a particular stream at higher secondary level and hence you can opt any stream as per your strength and looking for other opportunities.

Also as far as you are concerned about the best institutes for Class 12th academics then without knowing your locality it is difficult to actually predict. But for the NDA preparation point of view top coaching institutes in Delhi are Baalnoi Academy, K D Campus, Paramount, etc. .

For further details regarding the entries of Indian Army you can log on the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
24th October 2016, 09:13 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I opt between arts and commerce for joining Indian army?

Candidates passed or pursuing 10+2 from any stream are eligible to appear for NDA entrance examination for recruitment in Indian Army.

So, you can select any stream. The age limit to appear for the examination is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

The examination is conducted in two stages and candidates have to qualify in both the stages for final selection for jobs. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?