2nd May 2018, 06:50 AM
Unregistered

Why most of the girls won't prefer to study Mechanical Engineering?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am a girl candidate and got good rank in JEE Main. I am interested to study BTech with Mechanical Engineering stream. But my parents are telling me that Mechanical is not for girls. After searching alot, I came to know that very few girls in India are opting Mechanical Engineering. I want to know why?

29th May 2018, 03:19 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why most of the girls won't prefer to study Mechanical Engineering?

You can study b.Tech in Mechanical Engineering course. Everyone can study this course and it is suitable for boys & girls.

The only reason behind mechanical engineering is not for girls is in the course there will be machine work, practical & site work. Since all think that girls cannot do machine work & cannot travel but girls can do anything if interested. There are many girls who have succeeded in mechanical engineering.

Mechanical engineering is suitable for boys is only a myth. If you are interested and passionate about the course you can study this course and become a successful mechanical engineer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?