4th June 2011, 08:54 PM
Kokil sood

Which will be better after B.Tech, MBA or M.Tech?

I m persuing B.Tech (I.T) bt the college is not so good firstly plz let me know that after B.Tech what will be better MBA or M.Tech....and what will be carrier opportuniy after B.Tech ?

30th June 2011, 09:45 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which will be better after B.Tech, MBA or M.Tech?

Dear friend,

After doing M.Tech you will have opportunities mostly in the academic field ,i.e you can join in the teaching profession.

But after MBA, there will be job opportunities in the Govt or private sector, as a management executive. These posts are high paying as well..

If you really want to stay with your graduation subject or make your career based on your B.Tech study, then you can go with M.Tech, otherwise you can go for an MBA with specialization of your choice.

Rest decision is up to you. All the best!
18th July 2011, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

which will be better for MBA, B.tech or BBA?
pls reply
28th August 2011, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

do mtech and btech have the same salary ?
29th August 2011, 12:28 AM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

both M.TECH and MBA are completely different courses from each other.

after B.TECH if you want to go in research , academics then you should go for M.TECH.

but MBA is a professional course which will attract many jobs for you.

so decide about it.

all the best.
29th August 2011, 12:38 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, for your higher study like M.Tech or MBA is fully depends on your choice.

if you are interested to work in IT industry as a software engineer/R&D Engineer then you must do m.tech.

as you have also mention you are not satisfied with the reputation of your college. M.Tech will be best option if you can do it from reputed institute like IITS Or NITS.

but if you are not interested to work in IT/Software field, then you can with MBA.

all the best........
29th August 2011, 01:05 AM
dibya89

DEAR FRIEND,
After completing B.TECH means bachelor degree in engineering.After completing this decision of your life should be taken first. If you wish to get high salary then do a MBA. Otherwise you can do M.TECH.

But the fact now no good institute like IIM,IISC do not accept your application without 2 yr experience. If you do MBA from any low catagory college from india is worthless and waste of time. You can choice Foreign university by giving GMAT. It is promised that after completing this MBA your salary will be high.

Then M.TECH you can do it also if you want to chose teaching line then same fact you should qualify GATE. After completing M.TECH you have two way 1.teaching 2. working field.

Choice is yours.
best regards DIBYA
29th August 2011, 01:10 AM
NEIL6

Both the M.tech and MBA courses are the best courses. If you want to go in the field of

teaching or just want to become scientist then you should accept M.tech after your

B.tech but if you want to go in the profession of management,companies,industries then

you should opt MBA. For MBA you will have to appear for the CAT,MAT exam after your

graduation and for M.tech you will have to appear for GATE exam. The choice is yours!

Best wishes!
29th August 2011, 01:38 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
It is totally depends upon personal interest..
You have mentioned that you are confused between two courses MBA and M.tech..

I will suggest you to go for a field in which you have more interest..

If you have interest in technical field, and you want to gather more knowledge in your field then you can apply for M.tech course..
For that you have to appear in GATE exam..
After qualifying in GATE exam you will get a chance to take admission in M.tech course..
After completion of M.tech course you can get a job in core technical field with much higher designation..
If you have interest in management field, then you can go for MBA course.. After completion of graduation in engineering field, go for a management course will be great....
After completion of management course you can get a job in management post with a handsome salary..
Now, you decide in which field you want to make your future..

All the best.
29th August 2011, 01:05 PM
rana2011
Banned

If you really want to stay with your graduation subject or make your career based on your B.Tech study, then you can go with M.Tech, otherwise you can go for an MBA with specialization of your choice.

After doing M.Tech you will have opportunities mostly in the academic field ,i.e you can join in the teaching profession.

But after MBA, there will be job opportunities in the Govt or private sector, as a management executive. These posts are high paying as well..

Thanks!!
29th August 2011, 01:28 PM
buaks

Post Re: Which will be better after B.Tech, MBA or M.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
which will be better for MBA, B.tech or BBA?
pls reply
acc 2 me i think mba will be better option if u want to have a high aim in ur life but if u want to continue to remain in academic line then m.tech will be a better option.
19th December 2011, 11:58 AM
san343

hello sir.....
i am in 3rd year B.E.(CSE) student.i want to join government job through GATE exams or other exams.please guide me.& what preperations are required for these exams?
31st January 2012, 02:32 AM
Unregistered

hi....
sir according to u which is best mba or m.tech with respect to todays world.
31st January 2012, 02:56 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Yes why not you can do MBA even if you have done BA private. And i suggest you to do MBA correspondance because it will save your time and money both and even you can do a job also. You can pursue correspondance MBA from indira gandhi national open university or symbosis or any other recognized university.
You can also do regular course from any state level university/college of your choice.

so go for it since MBA will strenghten your career in many ways.

best of luck!
31st January 2012, 05:53 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

According to me you should go for higher study ,I mean Master degree and
then if you can Ph.D in your subject.

You can go for M.Tech or MBA,as your choice.

According to me you should go for Master degree in Computer Sc.'s various subjects .
Then you can gather more and more knowledge in your base subject.
Then you can apply various company or govt sectors with higher salary than B.Tech.

There are so many institutes offering M.Tech in Computer Sc. such as:

IIT Kanpur

IIT Kharagpur

IIT Bombay

IIT Madras

IIT Delhi

BITS Pilani

IIT Roorkee

IT-BHU

IIT Guwahati

College of Engg, Anna University

Jadavpur University, Faculty of Engg & Tech

Haldia Institute of Technology(HIT)

Institute of Engineering and Management(IEM)

Heritage Institute of Technology(HIT)

Dr.B.C.Roy Engineering college.

MBA is another line of study,its a business line.

You can choose as your wish.
31st January 2012, 10:08 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which will be better after B.Tech, MBA or M.Tech?

Hi

If you have done your graduation in B.Tech, and now looking for a post graduation course, then I would suggest MBA for you.

I would support my opinion with a few points, Please Note.

Firstly MBA stands for the Master's in Business Administration. It is a two year full time course, which can be done by any graduate.

Also M.Tech is Masters in Technology. It is also a full time 2 year course, can be done by technical people only.

Now once you are done with your B.Tech, you have these two options in your mind. Decide whether you want to go for a business career, or technical career.

--> If you want to go for research, or teaching profession, then M.Tech is the course for you.

--> If you want to work as a manager in some MNC then MBA is the course for you.

So ultimately you have to be the one to decide what you want to shape your career as.

--> ** These days, MBA is rather being opted more over M.Tech because, it gets you a good job in a MNC and also the pay package is better relative to the M.Tech candidates.

Rest the decision is upto you.

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
31st January 2012, 10:15 PM
mani_baban

Hi

If you have done your graduation in B.Tech, and now looking for a post graduation course, then I would suggest MBA for you.

I would support my opinion with a few points, Please Note.

Firstly MBA stands for the Master's in Business Administration. It is a two year full time course, which can be done by any graduate.

Also M.Tech is Masters in Technology. It is also a full time 2 year course, can be done by technical people only.

Now once you are done with your B.Tech, you have these two options in your mind. Decide whether you want to go for a business career, or technical career.

--> If you want to go for research, or teaching profession, then M.Tech is the course for you.

--> If you want to work as a manager in some MNC then MBA is the course for you.

So ultimately you have to be the one to decide what you want to shape your career as.

--> ** These days, MBA is rather being opted more over M.Tech because, it gets you a good job in a MNC and also the pay package is better relative to the M.Tech candidates.

Rest the decision is upto you.

All the best
31st January 2012, 10:17 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

You are a candidate who have completed M.Sc. in Physics. Now you are confused in between two degree which are :

* B.Tech.
* M.Tech.
* MBA.

See both these three are very good option for bright future for you.

Now if you want to know more about your subject and don't want to change your life , I mean want to stay with your subject then go for M.Tech.

But if you want management degree and want to change your life then go for MBA.

Between these two I think M.Tech. will be much more beneficial for you.

But I want to say it's your carrier and you choose which will be best for you.

all the best.
31st January 2012, 10:28 PM
pragati kashyap

Smile Re: Which will be better after B.Tech, MBA or M.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokil sood View Post
I m persuing B.Tech (I.T) bt the college is not so good firstly plz let me know that after B.Tech what will be better MBA or M.Tech....and what will be carrier opportuniy after B.Tech ?
hey if you have good percentile then college dont matter much.both M.TECH and MBA are good after doing B.TECH but what matters is your interest so that afterwards you dont feel it as a burden.if you are interested in marketing side then you should adopt MBA oterwise if you have good practical skills then you should go for MTECH.in my views job oppurtunities are more for MBA students.
31st January 2012, 10:43 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear,.......
After B.tech both M.tech & MBA is equal in their stage that is depend upon you to choose from this........

I am providing you a chart from this you will get details information......

Good luck..........
31st January 2012, 10:46 PM
J Treza

Hello friend,
According to me...MBA and M.tech both are good ....MBA provides a business oriented job...its pay scale is high...M.tech is the master degree which provides teaching oriented and research oriented jobs.....In M.tech the benefit is that what you have studied in B.tech will not waste.....it is the higher study of your department in B.tech...If you are interested in management or in business then you have to select MBA...and if you are interested in teaching profession or in the field of research then you should join M.tech.....all the best
31st January 2012, 10:48 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

You can do both dear, but in my opinion M.tech would be the best option for you.

Since you are a B.tech Student, so M.Tech will be more beneficial and easier to you, Because your B.tech base are already formed.

Both MBA and M.tech are totally different.

MBA is for those who are interested in MAnagement and want to make a career in business and corporate world, want to become a manager.

M.tech are for those who are interested in technical line like they have learned in B.tech.

A b.tech students can choose any of the one depending upon their interest. The rule is same in your case also.

So choose that line in which you are interested. Go with that career, by taking which, you can fulfilyour dream and aim.
31st January 2012, 10:48 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

All are good at there place and according to the user requirement. If any course has the demand that course value will be increase and most of the students are getting this course every year. I will suggest you to select any course according to your interest.
31st January 2012, 11:06 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear
After B.Tech what you do that is completely depends upon on your own mind.

If you go to the company line then you read MBA that is helpfull to you for

your future job...

But if you go for Lectureship after B.Tech then you are eligible for Lecture after
complete your M.Tech that is good for Lectures......

Decision is yours....

Good Luck...........
1st February 2012, 08:25 AM
adlsm

well this depends on your interest friend

But after MBA, there will be job opportunities in the Govt or private sector, as a management executive.

i would suggest to go for MBA if u want high salary packages ;-)

all the best
1st February 2012, 01:09 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokil sood View Post
hi!!

After you have your B.TECH there are two main courses for POST GRADUATION.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M.TECH
Technical masters programme.for this you need to give GATE exam by which you can get into the top colleges in India

ADVANTAGES M.TECH

with this you can be

1.professor in top universities

2.also can join companes as an ENGINEER

TOP COLLEGES
  • ALL IIT'S
  • NIT'S
  • bits-pilani
and many more......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MBA (Masters of business administration )

is a postgraduate programme by which you can get into the top MNC'S
basically as MANAGER of the multinational companies

Advantages MBA
  • Good package given by MNC'S
  • you can develop ENTERPRENEURAL QUALITIES in yours
TOP COLLLEGES

ALL IIM'S

Many more..............
----------------------------------------------------------------------
SUGGESTION

As M.TECH provides more opportunities I will sugget you to join M.TECH programme

with regards
roknits
1st February 2013, 06:57 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Both Mtech and MBA are good options to opt after Btech and the following is the better provisions to opt for these options and these are as such:
For joining Mtech you have to go for GATE and then you can get admission into IIT's
For joining MBA you have to crack CAT and therefore you can go for IIT or IIM

And it all depends on you which option is more liked by you so you can choose accordingly.

If you do Mtech then you can go for teaching profession and if you choose MBA then you can join any MNC's or other corporate jobs.
1st February 2013, 06:59 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Both Mtech and MBA are good options to opt after Btech and the following is the better provisions to opt for these options and these are as such:
For joining Mtech you have to go for GATE and then you can get admission into IIT's
For joining MBA you have to crack CAT and therefore you can go for IIT or IIM

And it all depends on you which option is more liked by you so you can choose accordingly.

If you do Mtech then you can go for teaching profession and if you choose MBA then you can join any MNC's or other corporate jobs.
24th May 2013, 12:46 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

weather to go for M.Tech and MBA is totally dependent on your Interest.
Admission to M.Tech is via GATE and admission to MBA is via CAT or other MBA entrance exam.

If you would like to work as engineer and towards technological company, then go for M.Tech.
If you would like to work as manager, then you should go for MBA.

M.Tech may give you white/blue collar job while MBA would give you white collar job

A
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?