27th January 2018, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible for B.Tech if I fail in one science subject but pass the overall 12th board exam?

How much percents do we need qualify for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering and in which subjects? Do I need to score equally good in all science combination subjects? What is I fail in one of the science combination paper but, pass the overall 12th board exam with good percentage?

Related Questions:
  1. Percentage needed to pass CBSE board exams? If I fail in Maths then when I would have to give my exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Am I eligible to get admission in B.Tech(Civil Engineering) if qualify in 12th CBSE but fail in JEE Mains?
  3. What happens if I fail in my 6th subject in 12th board and pass in rest of the subjects?
  4. What happens if I fail in my 6th subject in 12th board and pass in rest of the subjects?
  5. Can I get admission in B.Tech of mechanical engineering
  6. If I fail in 1 subject of ISC board exam, will I be awarded Pass Certificate for Science ISC 2018 exam?
  7. If I fail 12th class will I be eligible to appear for IIT JEE in the next academic year? Criteria for failing in 12th board?
  8. Can I qualify in 12th NIOS if fail in an optional subject?
  9. What to do, if I have cleared 12th by NIOS with only 5 subjects and one subjects is yet to be cleared?
  10. What is the eligibility criteria for B.Sc (hons) in Nutrition?
  11. Will I considered to be pass if disqualified in Physics Theory of 12th ISC Board exam?
  12. Is qualifying in all subject mandatory for WBCHSE Commerce Board exam? -- [New]
  13. Can I pass 12th if I fail in one subject? I am a HSc student
  14. Am I eligible for NEET exam if I have a compartment in 12th Economics subject?
  15. Whether Biology becomes the main subject upon disqualifying in Mathematics of 12th WBCHSE?
  16. Whether I be disqualified in 12th Board exam if failing to qualify in Physics?
  17. Am I eligible to appear in BITSAT after passing 12th Physics Improvement exam of CBSE Board?
  18. What will happen if I fail in one subject in CBSE?
31st January 2018, 07:52 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible for B.Tech if I fail in one science subject but pass the overall 12th board exam?

No, you are not eligible to pursue B.Tech course if you have failed in one subject but passed all other subjects of your 12th standard. To get admission for pursuing B.Tech course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream in all subjects from a Government recognised board. If you have not qualified in any of the subjects then, you have to appear in supplementary examinations and get qualified, so, that you are eligible to get admission for pursuing B.Tech course.
31st January 2018, 07:58 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible for B.Tech if I fail in one science subject but pass the overall 12th board exam?

Bachelor of Technology is a professional degree.

CBSE conducts Joint Entrance Examination for admission in top engineering colleges of India like IITs, NITs and other engineering colleges.

You need to be 12th passed or appearing for board exams with PCM subjects. You should have minimum of 75% marks to apply for exam. In case of SC/ST, it is 65% marks.

If you fail in any subject of 12th, you can not apply for engineering entrance exams or any other course also.
31st January 2018, 09:29 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If, you fail in one of the papers of science combination then, you are not eligible for admission in B.Tech course till you clear the paper.

There is no separate entrance examination for admission in B.Tech Mechanical engineering course.

To get admission in for B.Tech course, you have to appear and qualify for entrance examination ( admission is not on the basis of 12th aggregate ) such as JEE, BCECE, DTU etc. Candidates are offered stream on the basis of rank and availability of seats.
31st January 2018, 09:37 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, you will not be eligible for Bachelor of Technology course if you fail in any subjects in 12th board examination. You need to pass in all subjects to be eligible for engineering entrance exams.

The minimum percentage of marks required to apply for Joint Entrance Examination is 75% for general category candidate and 65% for SC/ST candidates in senior secondary board examination. You should prepare for JEE exam to get admission in the best engineering colleges of India.
31st January 2018, 10:41 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Admission in the B.Tech course is not conducted on the basis of merit score. The admission is conducted after qualifying in entrance test.

The entrance examination is conducted by CBSE, IIT, VIT, BITS, etc..

So, you have to qualify in entrance test to get admission.

You are not eligible to appear for entrance examination, if you have backlog in any paper of the science combination ( overall percentage matters only when you have passing aggregate in all the paper ).
31st January 2018, 05:50 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

You will not be eligible for Bachelor of Technology course if you fail in one subject in 12th. To apply for engineering entrance exams, you should have minimum of 75% marks. If you fail in any subject in 12th then you will not be eligible for any engineering entrance exams or for admission in higher studies course.

Your compulsory subjects in 12th must include Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The engineering entrance exam to get admission in top engineering colleges of India is Joint Entrance Examination.
31st January 2018, 06:26 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

If you want to get admission in any course, the first and foremost criteria are that you have must have passed 12th in all the paper.

If you fail in one of the main paper then, you will be not considered as passed candidates and not eligible for admission to higher studies.

So, you have to clear the paper in which you have failed and appear for entrance examination such as JEE, BCECE, PTU, DTU etc for admission. There is no special criteria for admission in mechanical engineering course.
31st January 2018, 06:27 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

You can not apply for any examination or course if you fail in any of subjects of your 12th. Student should pass in all subjects of 12th to become eligible for any engineering entrance examination.

You can dare to fail. You should have minimum of 75% marks in 12th to apply for JEE examination and your subjects should include Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
31st January 2018, 07:05 PM
NeptuneSpear

You are not eligible to apply for any B.Tech Program without having completed your senior secondary from a recognised board. You will not be considered pass if you fail in any of the subjects. If failed, you have to fill the compartment form, the examination of which will be conducted in September otherwise any university will reject your application form.
31st January 2018, 07:10 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You must have to pass in every paper. If you fail in any one paper then you are not considered pass.
You must have to score at least 60% aggregate in 12th board.
To get admission in Mechanical Engineering you have to qualify IIT JEE entrance examination. You can get direct admission also.
But it is compulsory to pass in every subject.
31st January 2018, 07:13 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No, you will not be eligible for Bachelor of Technology course even if you fail in one subject in 12th and pass in overall subject.

It is not possible that if you fail in one subject and pass in overall subject. You should clear all subjects of 12th and secure at least 75% marks to be eligible for Joint Entrance Examination.
19th March 2018, 02:22 AM
@sha2nk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How much percents do we need qualify for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering and in which subjects? Do I need to score equally good in all science combination subjects? What is I fail in one of the science combination paper but, pass the overall 12th board exam with good percentage?
There is no any percentage restriction for most of the Govt.Engineering entrance exams except of IIT, which requires 75% of marks for general and 65% for SC/ST , But you are required to pass in overall and in each subjects separately too.

If you fail any of the subject , you will not be considered eligible to appear for the entrance test.
In short if you score 75% markd you can appear in all the Engineering entrance test, But you secure less than 75% and pass the 12th exam ,then you can all entrance exams except IIT .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?