6th September 2017, 09:16 AM
Shhivam soni

Which year I can apply for JEE exam while doing 11th standard now?

Sir/Mam, I want to give JEE exam this year I study class 11 and in which year we can give the exam? Can you please provide me the right details so that I can ensure that I will be prepared well for the exam? Awaiting to get the response.

7th September 2017, 03:05 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which year I can apply for JEE exam while doing 11th standard now?

JEE Exam can be given if you are in 12th standard or have passed it.

If you are having Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your primary subjects in 11th and 12th, then only you can appear for JEE Main Exam.

JEE Main Exam is gateway to NITs and IIITs.

For getting admission to such prestigious institutions, you need to secure AIR below 20k atleast.
7th September 2017, 09:04 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and same is a national level entrance examination held by CBSE for admission in technical degree course like B.Tech/B.Arch in various CFTIs like IIT, ISM, NIT, IIIT, etc. and other private engineering colleges.

*--> The minimum qualifications required for appearing in JEE are as here under :

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying under 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.

* You must have completed your Class 12th ( or going to appear in board examination in the same year in which JEE is held ) with PCM group from a recognized board of education. Further to be considered for admission in CFTIs your aggregate in your Class 12th must be at least 75% or that much aggregate that makes you lie within the top 20 percentile candidates of your concerned board of education.

So being a student of Class 11th this year you cannot appear in next year JEE 2018 as for appearing in JEE 2018 only those students who have either cleared their Class 12th or going to appear in their board examination in 2018 are eligible.

For more details regarding JEE you can refer to its official link i.e; www.jeemain.nic.in.
7th September 2017, 10:05 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

If you are pursuing in Std 11th in 2017-18 then you are eligible to appear for JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) in 2019.

JEE is conducted by CBSE and IIT every year in two stages and candidates are eligible to appear in examination while appearing for 12th board or who have passed 12th.

The common eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper with minimum 45%.

There are three attempts to appear for Main and two attempts for Advanced stage.

For detail information about examination visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
7th September 2017, 10:13 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination. JEE is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for selection of candidates for admission in engineering colleges like IITs, NITs and other government engineering colleges.

No, class 11th standard students are not eligible for JEE examination. When you will appear for board exam of 12th, you can apply for JEE exam. This exam has two stages JEE Main and JEE Advanced. There are three consecutive attempts for JEE Main and two for JEE Advanced.
8th September 2017, 12:06 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear in JEE examination in 2018.

JEE examination is conducted for admission in IITs, NITs, government and private colleges.

The candidates are eligible to appear in examination is candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th from a recognised board with PCM as main paper.

Candidates with equivalent certificate are eligible to appear in examination.

To get detail information about examination visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
8th September 2017, 07:17 AM
manjira...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhivam soni View Post
Sir/Mam, I want to give JEE exam this year I study class 11 and in which year we can give the exam? Can you please provide me the right details so that I can ensure that I will be prepared well for the exam? Awaiting to get the response.
You are not eligible to apply for JEE exam while doing 11th level. You need to wait for 1 more year till you are in 12th standard or cleared 12th level to become eligible for JEE exam. In 2019 you will be eligible to apply for JEE exam.

The JEE is a national level engineering entrance exam. It is conducted by the CBSE board for admission of candidates in various colleges like IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, etc.

The eligibility criteria for JEE are:-

>>Candidates should be Indian citizen.

>>Maximum age of the candidates to apply for the exam is 25 years.

>>The candidates should have passed 12th level from a recognized board. Candidates who have appeared for the 12th exam and awaiting result are also eligible to apply.

>>The candidates should have studied 5 subjects in 12th level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects. There is no minimum marks required to appear for the exam.
However to apply for IITs, NITs, CFTIs the minimum marks required is 75% in the qualifying exam or should be in the top 20 percentile of the respective board.

The candidates can apply for JEE Mains for only 3 times.
8th September 2017, 07:48 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

You can apply for JEE exam after passing 12th. You can apply for JEE exam in class 12th also for getting an idea about pattern and questions of he exam.

Eligibility criteria for JEE-

A candidate must be 12th passed.
A candidate must have minimum 75% of marks in physics chemistry and mathematics.

A candidate must have minimum 18 years of age.

You can get admission in IIT or NIT if you will crack JEE exam.

You have to work hard to carck JEE exam. You have to prepare for exam by practice your 12th syllabus.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?