18th November 2017, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for AFCAT after B.Tech?

Sir, I am a final year student of mechanical engineering and my aggregate in B.Tech is approx 75% but unfortunately my 12th marks is very bad its only 67 in physics and 47 in maths. Sir, am I eligible for AFCAT written exam please confirm my doubt
Sir thank you.

18th November 2017, 09:10 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for AFCAT after B.Tech?

Yes, you are eligible for AFCAT examination after completion of your B.Tech course. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university and who have attained the minimum age of 20 years are eligible to apply for AFCAT examination. Since, you have already completed B.Tech course from a recognised university, you are eligible to apply for AFCAT examination.
19th November 2017, 11:37 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for AFCAT written examination after B.Tech. The minimum marks required in B.Tech is 60%, but you have 75%. So, you are eligible for that. You must be an indian citizen and your age should be 20 to 24 years if you want to join flying branch and 20 to 26 years if you want to join technical branch.

With this eligibility you can visit the website (http://www.careerairforce.nic.in) and fill up the online application form for the examination.
19th November 2017, 12:13 PM
The Guider

Yes, you are eligible for AFCAT exam.
The eligibility criteria for this exam is 60% in your graduation and you must have to pass in math and physics in your 12th. Now you are in your final year so you can apply this year also.
19th November 2017, 03:45 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test.

AFCAT is an entrance exam to be an Indian Air Force after doing graduation.

It's not a course.

It is conducted twice in a year.

There will be a cut off, if you score above or equal to the cut off then you attend AFCAT. For second round.
19th November 2017, 09:53 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Red face Re: Am I eligible for AFCAT after B.Tech?

AFCAT stands for Air Force common Admission Test and this exam conducted by the Indian Air Force.
This exam conducted for three branches:

Ground Duty Branch

Flying Branch

Technical branch

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidate should complete the bachelor of engineering / Bachelor of Technology with aggregate percentage of 60%.
Age limit should be between 19 to 23 years. And being a bachelor of Technology student you are eligible for flying branch.
19th November 2017, 09:56 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required for AFCAT after completion of B.Tech:

Yes, you are eligible to apply for AFCAT Entrance Examination after completion of B.Tech course. There are several branches in AFCAT and they may include,

> Flying Branch
> Ground Duty Technical Branch
> Ground Duty Non Technical Branch

As you are from B.Tech background, I can say that you are certainly eligible to apply for Flying Branch as the minimum education qualification required for this branch is Graduation in any stream in 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 pattern with minimum 60% marks.

The minimum age required is 20 years and the maximum age must not exceed 24 years in order to be eligible for AFCAT Examination.
20th November 2017, 05:59 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

AFCAT refers to Air force Common Admission Test and same examination is held for recruitment of personnel in technical and ground duty branches of Indian Air force.

--> The minimum criteria required for appearing in AFCAT are as here under :-

* You must hold the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 20 years to 24 years for technical branch where as for ground duty it should lie within 20 years to 26 years.

* You must have completed your graduation from a recognized university. Further to join technical branch you are required to have completed your graduation in Physics or Mathematics or B.E./B.Tech degree course.

Now as far as you are concerned about the your marks at various academic levels for your eligibility for AFCAT then I would like to let you know that for appearing in AFCAT there is no minimum requirement of marks at level of academics.

For more details and updates regarding AFCAT you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in .
23rd November 2017, 10:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am a final year student of mechanical engineering and my aggregate in B.Tech is approx 75% but unfortunately my 12th marks is very bad its only 67 in physics and 47 in maths. Sir, am I eligible for AFCAT written exam please confirm my doubt
Sir thank you.
Yes, you are eligible for AFCAT exam.

AFCAT is stand for Air Force Common Admission Test.

If you have completed BE/B.Tech degree then you are eligible for flying branch exam but your 12th standard subject must be physics and Mathematics. Your age should be in between 19 to 23 year.

If you have completed BE/B.Tech in Aeronautical engineering from a recognized University then you are eligible for Technical Branch exam. Your age should be in between 18 to 28 year.

If you have completed in PG Degree/Bachelor Degree in any subjects from a recognized University then you are eligible for Ground Duty Branches. Your age should be in between 19 to 27 years.

Books for AFCAT exam:-

AFCAT For Flying & Technical Branch Guide
by R. Gupta
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

How To Prepare For AFCAT: Air Force Common Admission Test Complete Book
(Paperback)
Publisher: Priyanka Prakashan

AFCAT Air Force Common Admission Test
Publisher: Priyanka Prakashan
Author: Chandresh Agrawal
5th July 2018, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have doubt that i am eligible for afcat technical duty because I got 48 and 62 marks in maths and physics in 12th class but I have 69% in b.tech.
But my overall percentage in 12th was 65%
4th February 2020, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I have a doubt that I had done diploma in electronics and then b.tech in electronics so as I had not done 12th am l eligible for AFCAT entrance exam
25th March 2020, 09:18 PM
Himanshu0071
Junior Member+

Afcat is air Force common admission test and it is conducted by UPSC every year .The minimum eligibility is that you have completed your graduation from a recognised university or board .Since you have done the same ,you are eligible for it .Once you clear the written test you can go for SSB that is an interview conducted by service selection board that lasts for 5 days .
12th September 2020, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

sir in B-Tech degree which branch is suitable for flying officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?