9th January 2012, 07:30 PM
Prachi_Jain

Can I apply for AFCAT after passing B.Tech with 67%? Am I eligible for it?

sir , myself prachi. I m b.tech student batch passout with67%aggregate.my height is 150cm only .can i apply for afcat? m i eligible for it?plz guide

10th January 2012, 10:17 AM
suman27
Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for AFCAT after passing B.Tech with 67%? Am I eligible for it?

Applications are invited from eligible Men and Women for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT 2012) for the courses commencing in January 2013 for grant of Short Service Commission in Flying, Technical and Ground Duty Branches.

Eligibility:
Candidates should have a Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
More details at
http://careerairforce.nic.in/applicaton_forms/AFCAT01-12/AFCAT%20advt%20for%20Men.pdf

How to apply:
The application form can be downloaded from the website of http://careerairforce.nic.in/applicaton_forms/AFCAT01-12/index.html

Fill the application form in English (Block Capitals) and send the same by post to the address as per First Choice of Centre for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT 2012).

Important Dates:
Last date for the submission of application form is January 13, 2012.
AFCAT 2012 Entrance Test will be held on February 26, 2012.

ALL THE BEST
10th January 2012, 09:49 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for AFCAT after passing B.Tech with 67%? Am I eligible for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prachi_Jain View Post
sir , myself prachi. I m b.tech student batch passout with67%aggregate.my height is 150cm only .can i apply for afcat? m i eligible for it?plz guide

Nice to see that you are interested to apply for AFCAT examination.

AFCAT :- Air force Common Admission Test and this examination is conducted by India Air force every year.

Candidates may apply for these branches through AFCAT :-
  • Flying Branch
  • Technical Branch
  • Ground Duty Branch

To apply for AFCAT examination,then the aspirant have to completed graduate degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification.

To apply for Flying Branch,then the aspirant have to passed Bachelor's degree or Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 60% aggregate marks in their examination.The aspirant must have passed mathematics and physics at 12th level examination.

The aspirant age should be between 19 years and 23 years at the time of appearing for this examination.

Physical requirements :- Height - 162.4 cms with correlated weight.

To apply for Technical Branch,then the aspirant have to passed aeronautical engineering in mechanical or electronics engineering of a recognized University or equivalent qualification.

Aspirant who are writing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for this examination.

The aspirant age should be between 18 years and 28 years at the time of appearing for this examination.

Physical requirements :- 157.5 cms with correlated weight.

http://careerairforce.nic.in/career_...ch_branch.html
10th January 2012, 09:56 PM
mukund purohit

you can apply for the AFCAT exam as you have got sufficient marks percentage in B.Tech. AFACAT takes both men and women and for the year 2012 the last date for form submission is 13 feb 2012. the exam will conduct on 26 feb 2012.
you can click and download the given link for more detail=-
ttp://careerairforce.nic.in/applicaton_forms/AFCAT01-12/AFCAT%20advt%20for%20Men.pdf
10th January 2012, 10:37 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Eligibility for AFCAT exam:-

1.Flying branch:-

*Candidate can complete the graduation in any trade but must have maths and physics in 12th..

*Age should be in between 19-23 years.

2.Ground duty branch:-

*Candidate has to complete the graduation in any trade.

*Age should be in between 20-27 years.

3.Technical branch:-

*Candidate has to complete the graduation in engineering field.

*Age should be in between 18-28 years.

As you have completed B.tech course with 67% aggregate then you are surely eligible for AFCAT exam.

So, go for it..
All the best.
10th January 2012, 10:46 PM
akirayukio

Smile Re: Can I apply for AFCAT after passing B.Tech with 67%? Am I eligible for it?

Hi prachi,
this is akira yukio. u have asked info about u getting inside about Indian air force...

prachi working in Indian air force (IAF) is one of the most secured and most dignified working place to work in and people like u should be encouraged as we as India need many people who can help India in getting strong and powerful...

and prachi well there are many more similar jobs like IAF. u can join Indian army or Indian navy as officer...

Jai Hind
10th January 2012, 10:50 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

yes you are eligible for AFCAT entrance exam.

Application form for AFCAT entrance exam are available now.you have to hurry to apply for AFCAT entrance exam because last date is very close you should hurry.

Eligibility Criteria for AFCAT-

Flying Branch:-
student have bachlor degree with 60% marks.

student should have 12th with Maths and Physics.

Age Limit:-your age should be Between 19 and 23 years.

Technical Branch-

Bachlor degree of engineering.

Age-18 to 28 years

Ground Duty Branches-

you should have Bachelor’s degree in any subject area with 60% Marks or PG Degree or equivalent diploma in any subject area with 50% Marks.

Age-20-27 year.

For more information you can visit official website of AFCAT-

http://careerairforce.nic.in
25th February 2012, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for AFCAT after passing BCA with 70%? Am I eligible for it?
but my 10 2 marks 55%?....
2nd April 2013, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

hi, myself neha tamta. m a b.tech student. my height is only 152cm. m i eligible for it??
2nd April 2013, 11:20 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi, myself neha tamta. m a b.tech student. my height is only 152cm. m i eligible for it??
You are Eligible for the AFCAT exams , but with your height being 152 cms, you cannot apply for the FLYING Branch of the AFCAT exams.

But you can apply for the Ground duty Branch if you meet the other educational qualifications

FLYING BRANCH:
Education- Graduates in any stream with Minimum 60% marks and should have studies the subjects Physics and Maths in class 12th or BE/BTECH Pass with minimum 60% marks

Age- between 19 to 23 years (

Minimum Height- 162.5 cms
Minimum Leg Length - 99 cms
Maximum Leg Length - 120 cms

GROUND DUTY Branch
Education- Graduates in any stream with Minimum 60% marks

Age- Between 19 to 23 years

Minimum Height- 152 cms
3rd April 2013, 12:56 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prachi_Jain View Post
AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test and this exam is conducted by the Indian Air Force. Deserving candidates can enter any one of the following branch:-
  • Flying Branch
  • Technical Branch
  • Ground Duty Branch

Educational Qualification:-

Flying Branch: You need a bachelor's degree with not less than 60% of marks. You should have physics and mathematics at 12th standard.

Technical Branch: An engineering degree in aeronautical engineering is required. At grad level secure 60% of marks in aggregate to do this course.

Ground Duty Branch:-

i) Administration & Logistics Branch: You need a bachelor's degree with not less than 60% of marks or a post graduation degree with not less than 50% of marks.

ii) Accounts Branch: You need to complete B.Com with not less than 60% of marks or M.Com with not less than 50% of marks.

iii) Education Branch: You need a post graduate degree with not less than 50% of marks in aggregate.

Age Criteria:-

Flying Branch: 19-23 yrs.
Technical Branch: 18-28 yrs.
Ground Duty Branch: 20-27 yrs.

Exam Pattern:-

-General Awareness
-Verbal Ability
-Numerical Ability
-Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test

If we go by the physical standard set by Air force for this exam then the height of the candidates need not be less than 157.5 cm. So may be you won't be eligible to give this exam although you have got above 60% of marks at grad level which is more than enough for this exam.

Hope this helps :-> :->
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?