16th February 2017, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for any government jobs at 37 years of age?

I am a 37 year old man with 15 years experience in HVAC. Field with PG in diploma in mechanical engineering. Shall I apply for government jobs?

17th February 2017, 04:48 PM
mrdangerous
Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for any government jobs at 37 years of age?

According to me you are not eligible for any government job because mainly, maximum age limit for any government job is 30 years and some having maximum age limit of 35 years. So you are not eligible to get a job with 37 years. but you are a good qualified an experienced person so you are eligible for job in the private sector.
17th February 2017, 09:56 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned you are not eligible to apply for Government Jobs at 37 years of age. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for applying for almost all the government jobs is Graduate Degree in any discipline. But still there are some of the organizations that recruit candidates on the basic of Diploma in Engineering course. As your age exceeds the age that is required, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for Government Jobs at the age of 37 years.
18th February 2017, 01:18 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a 37 year old man with 15 years experience in HVAC. Field with PG in diploma in mechanical engineering. Shall I apply for government jobs?

It is very difficult to get a government job at the age of 37 years. You have to search for the notifications which suit your experience and qualifications in government sector. If you find any posts, then you can apply for the post. The age limit for the experienced candidates will be higher. In the notifications they will clearly mention the age for each category. In some states the age limit for the government jobs will be 40 years. So you have to check the notifications before applying.
18th February 2017, 08:52 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to do government job at the minimum age required for the examination is 18 years and the maximum age is 32 years the age bar is different in different job role of government. The maximum age limit is 32 years if you fall under reserve category then , you will get upper age relaxation for OBC, it is 3 years and for SC/ST it is 5 years.
18th February 2017, 09:44 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. If you belong to General and OBC category then you can not apply for entrance exams like IBPS PO, Clerk exam, Civil Services, SSC CGL etc. You can apply for exams like State Public Service Commission, National Eligibility Test for Lectureship.

2. There is no upper age limit for National Eligibility Test for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship. You can apply for it if you have 55% marks or more in master's degree.
5th July 2019, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

I am 36 age and coming from sebc category can I apply in government jobs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?