18th August 2015, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IBPS RRB Clerk exam being a 32 years old M.Com postgraduate and belongs to OBC category?

Hello,
I am 32 years old and I am a M.Com completed candidate. I belongs to an OBC category. Now I would like to know that I am eligible to apply for IBPS RRB Clerk exam? Please reply to me immediately.

Related Questions:
19th August 2015, 05:51 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IBPS RRB Clerk exam being a 32 years old M.Com postgraduate and belongs to OBC category?

No, you are not eligible to apply for IBS RRB clerk exam being 32 years old M.Com postgraduate and belong to OBC category.

Eligibility for IBPS RRB Clerk :

Candidate must have completed graduation from any recognised university.
Age of candidate must be from 18 to 28 years. Age relaxation to OBC candidates is 3 years as per government norms. So, you are not eligible as per your age.
19th August 2015, 07:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IBPS RRB Clerk exam being a 32 years old M.Com postgraduate and belongs to OBC category?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am 32 years old and I am a M.Com completed candidate. I belongs to an OBC category. Now I would like to know that I am eligible to apply for IBPS RRB Clerk exam? Please reply to me immediately.
No, as per age criteria you are not eligible for IBPS clerk exam.

IBPS stand for the Institute of Banking Personnel Selections. IBPS examination is conducted for the recruitment in the different public sectors banks. To appear in IBPS you need following criteria :

Eligibility criteria for IBPS Clerk exam :-

1) Pass the graduation degree in any discipline from a recognize University.
2) The age must be between 20 to 28 years for the clerk post.

For any more information regarding the eligibility criteria and the other information please visit the official website of the IBPS http://www.ibps.in
19th August 2015, 08:07 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

NO, you are not eligible to apply for IBPS RRB Clerk or Office Assistant Post with the above mentioned age criteria. The minimum age required to appear in IBPS RRB Office Assistant Recruitment is 18 years and the maximum age must not exceed 28 years. Here is the age criteria given below,

For Office Assistant (Multipurpose):

>> Minimum Age - 18 years

>> Maximum Age - 28 years

Note: For IBPS RRB 2015 Examination, candidates should have not been born earlier than 02.07.1987 and later than 01.07.1997.

I am extremely sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for IBPS RRB Office Assistant or RRB Clerk Recruitment as you did not meet the required age criteria.

Click here for IBPS RRB 2015 Official Notification
19th August 2015, 10:57 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Here area the eligibility details of the IBPS RRB clerical exam.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidates age should be minimum of 20 years and maximum of 28 years.

* Age relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ ST is applicable.

* Candidate should complete the graduation in any discipline from any recognized university.

* Candidate should know the how to read/ write and speak the official language of the state/ UT.
20th August 2015, 01:12 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No You don't have required eligibility for IBPS RRB Clerk since you have crossed the Age limits when we take Age relaxation into consideration. Actually for the post of Office Assistants under IBPS RRB , Age should be in between 18 to 28 years.

Minimum Age : 18 years

Maximum Age : 28 years .

There is a relaxation of " 3 years " for OBC Candidates. So Finally the Upper age limit for OBC candidates is " 31 years " . Based on this you are not eligible for the post of " Office Assistants".

But my best suggestion is " You can give an exams like Officer Scale I, II and III ". Since as you have Post graduation with you.
20th August 2015, 10:29 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IBPS stands for Institute of Banking and Personnel Service. IBPS conducts entrance examination for the recruitment of bank clerks and bank probationary officer in the different branches of 29 nationalized banks of India.

The qualifications required for the appearing in the bank clerk examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* You must have done your bachelor degree course of pursuing the final year of same with any stream of your liking from a recognized university.

* You must have the knowledge of working ion computer as the banking works are computer based.

* Your age must be within 20 years to 28 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the norms.

As per the government norms, OBC candidates enjoys the upper age limit relaxation of 3 years. So the upper age limit for the same examination for OBC candidate is 31 years. But you are at present 32 years old and hence you are not eligible for appearing in the same examination.

But you have the option for appearing the IBPS bank PO examinations as the upper age limit for this examination for your category is 33 years and other qualifications remains same as mentioned for the clerk examination.

For more details regarding the syllabus, question pattern and key dates of same examinations you can log on to the official link of IBPS i.e; www.ibps.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?