12th August 2015, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

When the notification of Indian Statistical Services exam will be released? Detailed information and eligibility to apply for B.Sc(Statistics) final year student?

Hello Everyone,
I am studying B.Sc in Statistics and I am in my final year. I want to apply for Indian Statistical Services exam. Can you please let me know the eligibility criteria? Please provide me all the relevant details. When its notification will release?

Related Questions:
  1. When the notification of Indian Statistical Services recruitment exam will be released? Eligibility to apply?
  2. Detailed information and procedure to apply in Indian Statistical Service exam for B.Stats candidate?
  3. When the notification of IBPS SO recruitment exam will be released? Detailed information and eligibility to apply? -- [New]
  4. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Indian Forest Service exam for B.E.(ECE) final year student?
  5. Educational criteria for ISS and IES exam
  6. Detailed information and eligibility criteria of Indian Statistical Service exam?
  7. Detailed information and eligibility to apply for SLET(Life Science)? When the notification of SLET(Life Science) will be released?
  8. Detailed information, procedure and eligibility to join Indian Postal Service for B.Com final year student?
  9. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Indian Engineering Service for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 2nd year candidate?
  10. Minimum percentage required in B.Tech, 10th and 12th to sit for IES?
  11. When will the forms for UPSC exams be available? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. When the notification for TPSC exam will be released? Eligibility to apply?
  13. Am I eligible for CDS examination after completing graduation with PCB?
  14. When the notification of UPPCL JE recruitment will be released? Detailed information to apply for B.Tech(ECE) graduate?
  15. Minimum percentage for CAT and MAT for general category
  16. Detailed procedure and eligibility to apply for Internship in AIIMS for BDS final year student?
  17. When the notification of JIPMER(MD)-PG entrance exam will be released? Eligibility to apply?
  18. When the notification of UP SLET will be released? Eligibility to apply for Life Science student?
19th August 2015, 11:42 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When the notification of Indian Statistical Services exam will be released? Detailed information and eligibility to apply for B.Sc(Statistics) final year student?

Indian Statistical Services or Indian Economic Services Examination is conducted by Union Public Services Commission every year. Indian Statistical Services Examination notification is issued in the month of "JUNE" of every year and the examination is conducted in the month of November. As you are a Graduate (B.Sc Statistics) Candidate you are not eligible to apply for Indian Statistical Services Examination. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Indian Statistical Services Examination is "Post Graduate Degree" from a recognized university. Since you are going to complete B.Sc in Statistics this year, I suggest you to do Master's Degree in Statistics in order to be eligible.

Minimum Educational qualification: (For ISS)

>> Post Graduate degree from an Indian University in Statistics or Applied Statistics or Mathematical Statistics.

>> I suggest you to do Post Graduate Degree in Statistics in order to be eligible for Indian Statistical Services Exam (ISS).
20th August 2015, 10:22 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When the notification of Indian Statistical Services exam will be released? Detailed information and eligibility to apply for B.Sc(Statistics) final year student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,
I am studying B.Sc in Statistics and I am in my final year. I want to apply for Indian Statistical Services exam. Can you please let me know the eligibility criteria? Please provide me all the relevant details. When its notification will release?
Indian Statistical Service is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

If you have completed bachelor’s degree with Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subjects or a master’s Degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a recognized University/ College/ Institutions then you are eligible for Indian Statistical Service exam.

Indian Statistical Service doesn't require any percentage marks in B.Statistics.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

Important dates for Indian Statistical Service exam 2015:-

Date of Notification: 7 February, 2015
Last Date to Apply: 6 March, 2015
Date of Exam: 23 May, 2015 (3 Days)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?