9th January 2013, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for Civil Service exam after 3 years? I belong to OBC category

I belongs to obc(labbai muslim) category of the state of tamil nadu iam now 27 years old am i eligible to appear for the civil service examination after 3 years

11th March 2013, 08:52 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for Civil Service exam after 3 years? I belong to OBC category

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I belongs to obc(labbai muslim) category of the state of tamil nadu iam now 27 years old am i eligible to appear for the civil service examination after 3 years

Civil Service Exam is conducted by UPSC in every year .This exam is conduct for various post like -IAS ,IPS ,IFS etc .

Those candidate have completed graduation degree from recognized university are eligible for Civil Service Exam .Final year student are applicable for Civil Service Exam .

The Minimum age should be for civil service exam is 21 years and the maximum age criteria is 30 years old.. Age Relaxation for OBC candidate is 3 years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

Your age now 27 years old , and you are from OBC background so you can apply here upro age of 33 years old.Yes , after 3 year , you are applicable Civil Service exam .After 3 year your age may be 30 years .

This exam is all India basis so from tamilnadu candidate can apply here .

The maximum no of attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Civil Service Exam is consist of 3 process - Preliminary Exam , Mains Exam ,Medical Test , Physical Test and Personal Interview .

List of the Best coaching center for Civil Service Exam in Tamilnadu:-

Shankar IAS Academy
Address: AP-2241,2nd floor ,4th avenue,12th main road, shanthi colony,anna nagar
City: Chennai-40
State/Province: Tamil Nadu
Phone: 044-64597222, 044-2621 6435, 9444166435
E-Mail: [email protected], [email protected]

SATHYA IAS ACADEMY
Address: no.12, 6th street, Af block, 11th main road, anna nagar west,
City: Chennai-40
Phone: 9787802927.
E-Mail: [email protected]

SUCCESS IAS ACADEMY
Address: 4F,Block 13,Jains Green Acres,Dharga Road,Zameen Pallavaram,Chennai-600 043.
City: Chennai.
State: TamilNadu
Phone: 9940054689,940014689,044-22663382.0422-2445240.
Web Site: www.successiasacademy.com

Excell Career India

Address: 28 College Road, Nungampakkam.
City: Chennai.
State: Tamil nadu.
Phone: 9884071046
Web Site: www.excellcareerindia.org
E-Mail: [email protected]

Civil Services Exam notification is already released in UPSC website .I have listed the exam date for Civil Service Exam.Last date of Receipt of Application by post is 04.03.2013 .So for online application you may log into www.upsconline.nic.in.

So if you want to apply for civil service exam , then you can visit to www.upsc.gov.in .The Cost of Examination Application form Rs.100/- for General and OBC candidates and Free for SC/ST candidates .

11th March 2013, 05:03 PM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for Civil Service exam after 3 years? I belong to OBC category

YEs YOu Are Eligible

The UPSC conducts various exams on the behalf of the central government for the various government services such as the IAS, IPS, IES, IFS, etc.

The basic eligibility criteria for these exams are as follows:

Educational Qualification:

Candidate must have a Graduate degree from a recognized university. Final year students may also apply.

Age Limit:

Candidate must have attained minimum 21 years of age as on 1st August of the year of the year of the exam.
Upper Age limit is 30 years.(Relaxations for SC/ST,OBC).

For more details, visit:

www.upsc.gov.in

All The Best
11th March 2013, 06:22 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
it is nice that you are intersting to civil services exam.

you can apply civil services exam after graduation,/

civil services are conducted by upsc.

civil service exam consist three stages;-

----preliminary exam

---mains exam
--interview

to apply this exam,
you must be graduate from a recognized university

general age limit is 21-30 years.

there is age relaxation for reserved category students.

for obc,
age limit is 21-33 years

for sc/st

21-35 years.

you must be Indian citizen.

for more,
www.upsc.gov.in
11th March 2013, 08:51 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

According to your present age you are eligible appear for Civil Service Exam after 3 years and as a OBC category candidate you can enjoy upper age relaxation up to 3 years.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian national having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for OBC candidate up to 3 years and for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years.

So as a OBC category candidate you are eligible to appear for Civil Service Exam up to the age of 33 years.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
11th March 2013, 09:05 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes you will be eligible because the age limit for OBC category is 21-33 yrs,,,And also the qualification requirement is you need to have passed your graduation from recognized university..
12th March 2013, 12:39 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to appear for Civil Service exam after 3 years? I belong to OBC category

Quote:

hi friend,

Yes, after 3 year you are eligible for Civil Service exam after your Age may be 30 years .......

For applying CSE (Civil Service Exam) you require following Qualification

## A candidate must have completed their Graduation Study in any Discipline from Recognized Universities....

## Final years student who are waiting for their final result can also apply for it....

Age Limit:

## General Age Limit is 21-30 years. but there is relaxation is available for reserved category....

Relaxation on Upper Age:

For OBC category : up to 33 years

For SC/ST category : up to 35 years

## Citizen of India.....

No. Attempt:

## There are only 4 attempts available for General category (For OBC 7 attempt limit and for SC/ST no attempt limit).....

Exam Pattern:

1. Prelim Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Personal Interview

you want to apply for civil service exam at :-

All the best......
12th March 2013, 01:06 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

Yes, you are ligible to appear for civil services examination.

Civil services examination is conducted for the posts of IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS by UPSC.

The selection procedure for the civil services examination is mentioned as below:-

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Physical test.

* Personal interview.

The eligibility criteria required for the Civil Services examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any discipline from any approved college or university.

* Age limit:- 21-30 yrs.

* Final year aspirants are also eligible.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality:- Indian.

* Must be fit.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
12th March 2013, 04:45 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Civil Services Examination is the most prestigious examination which is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission [UPSC].

This Examination gives you the chance to join the following :

a) Indian Administrative Services

b) Indian Police Services

c) Treasury Offices

The Basic Requirements For Civil Services Examination are :

1) Educational Qualification :

* you need to have a Bachelor`s Degree in any stream from any recognized university.

* Candidates pursuing graduation in final year can also apply.

2) Age Limitations :

3) Nationality :

You must be an Indian Citizen.

4) Number Of Attempts :

For General Category : 4

For OBC Category : 7

For SC/ST Category : No Limit

5)
Physical Standards :

The Civil Services Examination consists of :

* Preliminary Examination

* MAINS Examination

* Interview Test

You have to clear all the three examination separately.

The Civil Services Exam Pattern :

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
13th March 2013, 12:51 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you are from OBC Category then you can apply for Civil Services Examination till 33 years of age.

The age limit for OBC Category is 21 to 33 years after adding the 3 years of age relaxation according to the category.

So if you are 27 years old then no problem you can apply for IAS examination without any worry provided you fulfill other criteria.

You should also be a Graduate in any discipline from a recognised University.

Only Indian Citizen are eligible to apply for Civil Services Examination.

Civil Services Examination has 3 stages that you have to pass with merit then only you will have any chance of getting the post.

-Civil Services Aptitude Test

-Civil Services Mains Exam

-Interview

First stage is a qualifying paper and if you don't pass it then you can not proceed to mains examination.

The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks in the mains and interview.

Number of Attempt Limits for Civil Services Exam:

General Category - 4 attempts

OBC Category - 7 attempts

SC/ST Category - No Limit

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in

13th March 2013, 10:17 AM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear Aspirant,

Yes, Surely You are Eligible for it!!!!!

Being a OBC Candidate You are Definitely eligible for Civil Service Examination
Conducted by UPSC every year For the various Government Posts Like
IAS/IPS/IES/IFS etc.....

A candidate having Bachelor Degree in any field Or Equivalent Degree
Or Pursuing Final Year of Their Bachelor can apply for Civil Service Exam......

Age Should be between 21 to 30 years for General, For OBC it is 21 to 33
Years and for SC/ST it is 21 to 35 years......

Similarly Attempt limit for General 4 Times, OBC candidate can Max. 7 Times And No Attempt limit for SC/ST candidate.......

Subjects for Civil Service Exam:-
  • Agriculture
  • Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
  • Anthropology
  • Arabic
  • Assamese
  • Bengali
  • Botany
  • Chemistry
  • Civil Engineering
  • Commerce & Accountancy
  • Economics
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Geography
  • Geology
  • History
  • Law

Books for reference:-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the best

With Regards......
Dharm
13th March 2013, 03:26 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

Civil services examinations are conducted every year for recruitment in different services like IPS,IFS,IAS,IRS etc.

It is one of the toughest exam of the India.Every year lacs of candidates give this examination.

There are certain requirements for this examination which are discussed as below:

First of all solving your query ,I do not know why are asking that after three year whether you will be eligible for the Civil services examinations.

The age limit is 21-33 years for the OBC candidate .So friend at the age of 27 years you are eligible for the civil services examinations.

Your query may be that whether labbi muslim comes in obc or not.Do not worry it comes under other backward category and you will get advantages according to it. For example relaxation in age ,seven no of attempts.

After satisfying age criteria ,you must be a bachelor's degree holder in any stream from any recognized university.

If you satisfy the above criteria ,do not waste time and if you have enough preparation for civil services examinations,please apply online at www.upsconline.nic.in

The registrations are going from 05/03/2013 and it will end on 04/04/2013.The date of preliminary exam is 26/05/2013.

The examination consists of three stages which are :

1.Preliminary test

2.Main examination

3.Personal interview

For any further details ,you may visit www.upsc.gov.in

Hope the information helps you.

all the best

aashisranjan784
13th March 2013, 05:09 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is the national level entrance exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. It is regarded as the most difficult entrance exam in the world where more than 5 Lakh candidates appear for few hundred seats every year.

The Union Public Service Commission conducts this entrance exam to recruit candidates for various Civil Services which includes:

Indian Administrative Service

Indian Police Service

Indian Forest Service

Indian Foreign Service

Indian Revenues Service

Indian Ordnance Factories Service

Now coming to your point, you will face no hurdle in appearing for the entrance exam 3 years later. The 30 years age limit is for the general candidate. If you belong to OBC (Non Creamy Layer) then the age limit is 33 years for you.

Eligibility

1. For IAS and IPS, candidate should be Indian citizen.

2. A graduation degree is required for Civil Service Exam.

3. No specific percentage requirement. Degree should be valid.

4. The age limit is 21 to 30 years for General and OBC (Creamy Layer).

5. Up to 3 years relaxation for OBC candidate of Non creamy layer only.

6. There is 5 years relaxation for SC and ST.

Exam Pattern

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exams

3. Interview
13th March 2013, 07:49 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

You are an OBC category candidate and as your as is 27 years now, so after 3 years you are eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam after Graduation and you can apply for this upto the age of 33 years.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for OBC candidate up to 3 years and for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?