20th March 2015, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Navy if completed Master of Arts and having 61 kgs weight and 5'8" height being a 22 years old candidate?

Hello,
I am 22 years old and I am completed my education (Master of Arts). I want to join Indian Navy. Please tell me details about the exams I need to appear. Current my weight 61 kgs and my height 5.8 feet. Can I join Indian Navy.

21st March 2015, 05:32 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy if completed Master of Arts and having 61 kgs weight and 5'8" height being a 22 years old candidate?

To join in Indian Navy after completion of your Graduation course, you need to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year and the eligibility criteria required to appear in CDS (Indian Navy) examination is mentioned below :-

1. Nationality :-
--> You must be a citizen of India.

2. Educational Qualification :-
--> You must have completed Graduation degree in Engineering from a recognised university.

3. Age Limit :-
You must be in 19-22 years old.

4. Gender and Martial Status :-
--> You must be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. Physical Standards :-
-->You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.

Since, you had completed your Graduation degree in Arts stream, you are not eligible to appear in CDS (Indian Navy) examination. Only candidates who had completed Graduation in Engineering from a recognised university are eligible to appear in CDS (Indian Navy) examination and by qualifying the examination, candidates are eligible to join in Indian Navy.
5th April 2015, 09:12 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy if completed Master of Arts and having 61 kgs weight and 5'8" height being a 22 years old candidate?

No dear I think you are not eligible to apply for the Indian Navy with M.A in Arts and that to you have a age of 22 years. Consider the age you must satisfy the age criteria at the time of Interview Process.If you don't have the required criteria then you will not be allowed for Interview and further proceedings.

Eligibility criteria for CDS :

1.You should complete B.Sc in Physics and Maths or B.E/B.TECH from the recognized university.

2.Age should be in between 19 to 22 years for Indian Navy according to the requirements given by the UPSC.

3.Final year students of graduation are not eligible to apply for the CDS examination.

There is a NDA examination for Indian Navy but you are not allowed since the age must be in between 16 1/2 to 19 years.
8th April 2015, 04:05 PM
Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can I join Indian Navy if completed Master of Arts and having 61 kgs weight and 5'8" height being a 22 years old candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am 22 years old and I am completed my education (Master of Arts). I want to join Indian Navy. Please tell me details about the exams I need to appear. Current my weight 61 kgs and my height 5.8 feet. Can I join Indian Navy.
Job in defense services are carrier builders. You can join the Indian Navy forces. As you have stated that you are M.A Post graduate and your age is 22 years. You are eligible for the Permanent service Comission and also for the Short Service Commission. To join Indian Navy after Post Graduation the following eligibility are required :
1. You must have 50% or above marks in PG, and must be fro recognized university or institution.
2. Your Age must be between 21 to 25 years.
3. Candidate Must be Indian Citizen.
4. You must willing to work in any place in India.
5. You must be medically fit according to the norms of defence services.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?