22nd January 2014, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

Joining Indian Police Service after completion of Diploma?

I wanted to know in details that how can i join indian police service after completion diploma? Please experts do show me the proper way.

28th January 2014, 09:24 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Joining Indian Police Service after completion of Diploma?

After completing diploma course you are not eligible to apply for Indian Police Service examination because diploma is not equivalent to the graduate degree. So didn't eligible to apply for Indian Police Service Examination.

To apply for IPS exam, you have to completed degree course in any desire stream of a recognized University or equivalent qualification. Even Post graduate degree course may also eligible to apply. Pre-final year candidates are not eligible. Those who are appeared or studying in the final semester can apply for IPS Examination.

To become an IPS officer, you need to crack the Civil Service Examination(CSP) and this examination is conducted by UPSC Once in a year. 2014 CSP notification will be release in the month of May or June in the official website of UPSC as well as employment news paper.

To apply for IPS Exam, your age should not be less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on 1st August at the time of appearing for the examination. Relaxation is applicable for reserved categories. 3 years relaxation in the case of OBC candidates and 5 years relaxation in the case of SC/ST candidates.

Stage of IPS Examination :: Preliminary Examination, Main Examination, Personal Interview followed by Physical & Medical Test. Minimum 4 attempts for General candidates, 7 attempts for OBC candidates and No limits for reserved categories. So first complete the degree course and than apply for IPS Examination.
26th April 2015, 07:51 PM
Ashwakh

After completion of Diploma , you are not eligible to apply for the IPS exam . Infact , no one is eligible to apply for the ips exam with Diploma as qualification.

** Minimum qualification to apply for the Ips exam is Graduation .

So , you should complete graduation now to apply for the Ips exam .

For the exam ,

Age shouldbe in between 21-30 years for General category candidates .
Age shouldbe in between 21-33 years for OBC Category candidates.
Age shouldbe in between 21-35 years for the SC , ST Category candidates.
The candidate shouldbe a citizen of India.

Selection process is ,

1. Preliminary exam
2. Main exam
3. Interview
26th July 2018, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

I have completed graduation in hotel management...I am 22 years old. I would like to join in IPS. What are the steps that I need to follow? Is it possible that I can apply for a sub inspector? If yes; how can I apply ? Please help me out
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?