1st March 2015, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join NDA after completing 12th?

Hello
I am fillup NDA application form but a problem is
I am not gives my NDA entrance exam
Because I am preparing for 12th Board exam
So can I join NDA after 12th or not?

2nd March 2015, 05:58 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join NDA after completing 12th?

Yes, you are of course eligible to join NDA after completing 12th class (Intermediate) from a recognized university/ institution. Actually you can apply for NDA even when you are pursuing your final year of Intermediate (i.e., 12th class). The detailed educational qualification and further more details are provided below,

>> Educational Qualification:
A) For Army Wing of NDA: 12th class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or its Equivalent

B) For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of school Education with Physics and Mathematics or equivalent

>> Age Criteria:
Minimum age: 16.5 years
Maximum age: 19 years

Important Note: Candidates appearing at the 12th class Examination are also eligible to compete. Such candidates will be required to submit the proof of passing the 12th class Examination by a date to be specified in the commission's notice for the Examination. As far as this point is concerned, you are eligible to apply for NDA Examination and the next NDA Notification will be released in the month of April or May, 2015.
3rd March 2015, 01:20 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
I am fillup NDA application form but a problem is
I am not gives my NDA entrance exam
Because I am preparing for 12th Board exam
So can I join NDA after 12th or not?
Yes, after completion of 12th standard, you can apply for NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
15th April 2015, 09:56 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes dear you can definitely have a chance to apply for NDA Examination after completion of your 12th. But you should satisfy the Age limits for NDA. And also you can apply for NDA with number of times untill you satisfy the age limits.

For NDA , your age must be in between 16 1/2 to 19 years. This must be satisfied at the time of SSB interview. Otherwise you will not be allowed for the Interview if you qualify for the Written Examination of NDA.

More over you must complete the 12th with minimum 70% of marks in Maths, Physics and Chemistry as one of their subjects in 12th from the recognized university.

Selection Process :

1. Written examination

2.SSB Interview.
24th April 2015, 03:36 PM
Ashwakh

See to apply for the NDA exam , you should have completed 12th . If you are in 11th , then also you are not eligible for the exam .
And , apart from these ,

~ Your age shouldbe in between 16.5 to 19 years only
~ You shouldbe a male candidate
~ you shouldbe an unmarried candidate
~ The 12th which you have done is shouldbe from a recognised board

If you satisfies all the above mentioned eligiblity criteria points of NDA exam ,then you
can apply for the exam .

Selection process:-
~~~~~~~~~~

1. written exam
2. ssb interview
3. medical test

** The exam will be held twice in every year by upsc .
NDA - 1
NDA - 2
25th April 2015, 10:45 PM
PATHGUIDE

No you are not eligible for Joining NDA after 10th standard, minimum eligibility that you need is 12th passed.
For joining National Defence services you need to appear for NDA Exam and for that minimum education qualification needed is 10+2 passed.

You are interested to join Indian defence services you can do so by appearing in
NDA exam after 12th
CDS exams after completing graduation or by university entry scheme after graduation.
The age criteria for NDA is 16.5 to 19years and for CDS and UES is 19-23 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?