22nd July 2016, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NDA exam if failed in maths optional subject but declared passed by ISC?

I am a PCM stream student and passed from ISC board with 58.75% but I have failed in maths but in overall I have passed. Maths is not a compulsory subject which is the reason I have been granted pass certificate in class 12th. Will I get admission in NDA?

22nd July 2016, 11:35 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NDA exam if failed in maths optional subject but declared passed by ISC?

No, you are not eligible for National Defence Academy entrance examination after having fail status in Mathematics subject even when it is optional subject for you in 10+2 board examination. Second most important thing is that, you must have studied and passed in Physics and Mathematics subject to be eligible for Indian Navy and Air Force.

So, you must either appear for compartment examination of Mathematics or regular examination to have overall status of pass in all subjects and then only you can apply for NDA/NA examination for joining any wing of Defence.
23rd July 2016, 12:07 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NDA exam if failed in maths optional subject but declared passed by ISC?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for National Defence Academy (NDA). The basic eligibility criteria required is as follows.

>> Candidates must have completed 12th Class from a recognized university.

>> As ISC board is a recognized university, I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to join NDA.

>> The minimum age required is 16.5 years and the maximum age must not exceed 19 years.

>> There is no such age relaxation applicable for reserved category candidates.
23rd July 2016, 12:15 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a PCM stream student and passed from ISC board with 58.75% but I have failed in maths but in overall I have passed. Maths is not a compulsory subject which is the reason I have been granted pass certificate in class 12th. Will I get admission in NDA?
You have a certificate of 12 th standard but you have failed in Mathematics, So you are eligible for NDA exam but you can apply for Indian Army post.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
23rd July 2016, 12:39 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for NDA examination. NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that the candidate must have passed or appearing for 10+2 from recognised board. The age limit to appear for examination is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

The examination is conducted in month of April and September.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination but only eligible for recruitment in Indian Army. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
23rd July 2016, 12:50 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you have completed 12th standard without any pending backlog then definitely you are eligible for NDA entrance exam. 12th standard is the minimum educational qualification needed for NDA entrance exam. The candidate need to complete 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics to join in Indian Air Force or Navy wing through NDA entrance exam.
23rd July 2016, 02:01 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

If, you have passed in 10+2 board examination from any recognised board you are eligible to appear for NDA entrance examination.

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year. The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in Army, Navy and Air Force.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 10+2 from recognised board appearing 10+2 candidates are also eligible.

The age limit is is 16.5-19.5 years.

So, you can appear for examination but not eligible for recruitment in Navy and Air Force (maths and physics compulsory).

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
23rd July 2016, 06:38 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

According to the eligibility criteria released by the NDA :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed 12th or should be a 12th student through any stream under the scheme of 10+2 at least form a recognized board.

* The candidate should be of 17 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the NDA.

Since you have been declared as pass, you are eligible for the NDA.
23rd July 2016, 06:46 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA entrance exam:

1. You must have passed 10+2 board exams from any recognized board of India. If you want to join Navy or Air Force, you must have studied Physics and Mathematics in board exams and passed in it.

2. Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years for unmarried male candidates.

You are not eligible for NDA examination, you will have to pass in even optional subject that is mathematics to apply for NDA exams.
23rd July 2016, 08:36 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Since your Class 12th final result declares you as pass candidate then you are eligible for appearing in the NDA examination on the basis of your educational qualification even if you have failed in your optional subject. But you must be good with Mathematics as the paper I of NDA Written examination is of Mathematics and you have to qualify for your eligibility to next stage.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and NDA/NA entrance examination is held twice every year by UPSC for recruitment of candidates who are looking to be a defense officer in the future. The examination is held in two stages which includes Written examination and SSB interview respectively.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for the same examination is given below :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male citizen with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree in any stream from a recognized board.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norms which are published with the notification of examination.

For more details about the same examination, you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.nic.in.
23rd July 2016, 08:49 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to appear in NDA examination, you must have to satisfy the below mentioned conditions :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You should have passed 12th standard or equivalent examination from a recognised board.

3. You should be within the age of 16.5 to 19.5 years.

4. You should be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You should be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.

So, if you satisfy all the above mentioned conditions, you are eligible to appear in NDA examination.
1st August 2017, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

I failed in 12 maths and not given the compartment paper in 2017. Is there is any chance to give exam for only maths subject this year. As my sir told to give only maths subject exam in sept from open.. is this possible. Or i do something else..
3rd April 2018, 07:26 PM
Anirban saha wb

Am i eligible for nda exam if failed compulsory subject but declared passed by wbhs board?
22nd January 2019, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for indian air force group x if i have math as an optional subject in class 12 in wbchse board ?
14th July 2019, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

I am student of cbse board i am fail in math but my overall result is pass so, i am eligible for nda only army
15th July 2019, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

I have failed in math but pass in 12 so i am eligible for nda for army
21st August 2019, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

I have passed 12 with math with 54 % Should I eligible for nda
30th September 2019, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

I'm failing maths in 12 from CBSE board am I eligible for CDS after completing my BCA as I don't have any backlog in graduation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?