27th May 2015, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in Indian Forest Service exam after completing B.Tech(Biotechnology)?

Sir,
I am B.Tech(Biotechnology) 4th year student.
After my B.Tech I want to join Indian Forest Service.
Kindly let me know I am eligible for Indian Forest Service exam?
Waiting for your reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to appear in Indian Forest Service exam after completing B.Tech(Biotechnology)?
  2. Am I eligible to appear in Indian Forest Service exam having -6.75D eyesight?
  3. Am I eligible for Indian Forest service Exam after completing BDS degree from recognized university
  4. Am I eligible to give Indian Forest service exam after completing BSc in Microbiology and MSc in Horticulture?
  5. Am I eligible to apply for Indian Forest Service exam if completed B.Sc(Zoology) from IGNOU? -- [New]
  6. When does the counseling start in Karnataka?
  7. Am I eligible for Indian Forest Service with -7.5D eyesight?
  8. Am I eligible for Indian Forest Service exam after passing B.E in ECE -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What is IFS stands for? In which service I will get work after qualifying in UPSC exam, Forest or Foreign?
  10. Am I eligible for Indian Forest Service being a candidate of Commerce stream?
  11. Eligibility to join Indian Forest Service for B.Sc(Bioinformatics) graduate?
  12. Am I eligible for Indian Forest Service exam if I am a bachelor of science in general stream?
  13. Which are the good coaching centers for Indian Forest Service examinations in Hyderabad?
  14. Cutoff marks for Indian Forest Service?
  15. Can I take up Indian Forest Service exam after completing BDS?
  16. What is the preliminary exam pattern of Indian Forest Service?
  17. Easy way of preparation for Indian Forest Service exam? Is there any IFS job in Tamil Nadu? Major coaching centres in Tamil Nadu?
  18. Am I eligible to appear in Indian Forest Service exam if completed B.Pharmacy and M.Tech(Biotechnology)?

30th May 2015, 08:01 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in Indian Forest Service exam after completing B.Tech(Biotechnology)?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in Indian Forest Service Examination after completion of B.Tech (Biotechnology). Candidates who have completed Bachelor's Degree in Engineering of a recognized university are surely eligible to appear in Indian Forest Service Examination. The basic Educational Qualification required is "Candidates must have studied Bachelor Degree with minimum one of the following subjects namely, Physics/ Chemistry/ Geology/ Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science/ Botany/ Statistics/ Zoology or Mathematics. The other eligibility criterion is Candidates who complete their Bachelor Degree in Engineering are eligible to appear in IFS Recruitment Examination. Candidates appearing at their Degree examination (Final year B.Tech) are also eligible to compete. As you are a B.Tech final year candidate, you are eligible to appear in this year Indian Forest Services Recruitment Exam.

30th May 2015, 12:57 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in Indian Forest Service exam after completing B.Tech(Biotechnology)?

Yes, you are eligible to join in Indian Forest Service after completion of your B.Tech (Biotechnology) course from a recognised university. To join in Indian Air Force, you need to appear in Indian Forest Service examination which is conducted by UPSC every year and the eligibility criteria required to appear in Indian Forest Service examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not have crossed the maximum age of 32 years.

3. You must have completed Bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering from any recognised university.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IFS examination notification.

Selection Procedure :-
1. Written Test
2. Personal Interview

No. of Attempts :-
--> General :- 6
--> OBC :- 9
--> SC/ST :- No Limit

30th May 2015, 05:18 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in Indian Forest Service exam after completing B.Tech(Biotechnology).
Candidates with Engineering degree in any stream are eligible for Indian Forest Service exams.

For more details please visit : UPSC IFS

30th May 2015, 05:41 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes dear you are absolutely eligible to apply for Indian Forest services Examination after completion of B.Tech with Bio Technology. For this you need to have studies any subject like Physics, Chemistry , Maths, Zoology etc., in your graduation from the recognized University.

Being a Final year candidate of B.Tech you will have a chance to apply for Indian Forest Services Examination. For the complete details about the Indian Forest Services Examination you have to satisfy the below eligibility Criteria.

Eligibility Criteria for Indian Forest Service Examination :

* You should have a graduation with at least one of the above subjects in your graduation.

* Minimum Age : 21 years

Maximum Age : 30 years

* Final year students of graduation can also eligible to apply for IFS

Last date to fill the Online application form for Prelims : 19/06/2015.

30th May 2015, 08:03 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am B.Tech(Biotechnology) 4th year student.
After my B.Tech I want to join Indian Forest Service.
Kindly let me know I am eligible for Indian Forest Service exam?
Waiting for your reply.
Yes, you are eligible for Indian Forest Service exam because you have completed B.Tech in Biotechnology.

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering are eligible for IFS exam.

Final year student are also eligible for IFS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation is provided for SC/ST/OBC category candidates.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?