22nd November 2012, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an Army officer after passing B.Tech 3rd year with electrical stream

Sir i m studying in btech 3rd year with electrical stream n my aim is to become an army officer can u plz help me out what to do

20th March 2013, 07:18 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an Army officer after passing B.Tech 3rd year with electrical stream

hi,
It is nice that you want to become army officer. To do this you have to apply CDS exam.

CDS exam stands for combined defense service which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

CDS exam eligibility;-

1)you must be graduate from a recognized university

2)Age limit is 19-24 years.

3)you must be Indian citizen.

4)you must be Physically fit.

CDS exam pattern;-

CDS EXAM PROCESS;-

---Written exam

----SSB interview

----Interview

You can also apply University entry scheme.

UES scheme is valid for pre final year engineering students.

thank you.................
21st March 2013, 10:14 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an Army officer after passing B.Tech 3rd year with electrical stream

Dear Friend

First of all I would appreciate your desire to become an army officer after completion of your bachelor degree in electrical engineering.

Friend,there is an entrance exam called Combined defense services examinations which is the gateway to the various academies of defense at graduation level.

But one thing I would like to tell you that you cannot apply for the CDS exams which is conducted twice every year by the Union Public service commission while pursuing your 3rd year of bachelor of technology as the minimum requirement in case of academic qualifications for this exam is bachelor's degree passed or in the final year of it.

So you should wait for one another year in order to apply for the exam.Till then you can prepare for the exam by the joining some of the best institutes for preparation like Disha academy,Minerva academy,Olive Greens etc.

The second important requirements is age criteria which is :

>>For Indian military academy:19-24 years

>>For Naval academy:19-22 years

>>For Airforce academy:19-23 years

>>For Officer's training academy:19-25 years

Note: For this exam both male and female candidates can apply for the exam.You should be an Indian citizen and must satisfy the physical requirements.

Examination pattern is :

The second way to get entry into defense at bachelor's degree level is the University entry scheme .You can visit the http://joinindianarmy.nic.in for further any information regarding this .

For CDS exams previous years papers ,you may visit the www.upsc.gov.in

Hope the information satisfies you.

All the best

aashisranjan784
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?