6th January 2017, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IAS or IPS exam on the basis of graduation in history with geography?

I am doing graduation in history with geography. Can I apply for IAS or IPS exam. or any other honour course is necessary.

Related Questions:
6th January 2017, 08:20 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS or IPS exam on the basis of graduation in history with geography?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS or IPS examination after completion of your Graduation in History with Geography from a recognised university. Eligibility criteria required to apply for IAS or IPS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You should be a citizen of India.

2. You should have passed Bachelor's degree or equivalent examination in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You should be at least 21 years old and not more than 32 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
6th January 2017, 10:34 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS or IPS exam on the basis of graduation in history with geography?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IPS or IAS Examination on the basis of Graduation. Before that, I suggest you to get the detailed eligibility criteria that is required to appear in IAS or IPS recruitment examination.

In order to join IAS or IPS you are required to apply for Civil Services Recruitment Examination. The basic educational qualification required to apply for IAS or IPS examination is as follows.

>> You must have done Graduation in any discipline in order to be eligible.

>> As you are done with Graduation in History which is a Bachelor degree, I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to apply for this recruitment.
6th January 2017, 10:59 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to apply for recruitment in I.A.S or I.P.S after graduation degree from any recognised university.

The candidates passed bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination.

So, you will be eligible to appear but have to qualify in three stages of examination for final recruitment as an I.A.S or I.P.S officer.

The three stages of examination are Preliminary, Mains and Interview. For detail visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
8th January 2017, 07:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing graduation in history with geography. Can I apply for IAS or IPS exam. or any other honour course is necessary.
After completion of graduation degree, you can apply for IAS and IPS entrance exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC through Civil Service Exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for Civil Service exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?