6th January 2017, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian navy on the basis of 12th science and age of 17 years?

Hi Sir, my name is Sahil Pawar. I have completed my 12th science 49% & my current age is 17 years. Can I join Indian navy. Please tell me. My email ID is [email protected].

6th January 2017, 08:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian navy on the basis of 12th science and age of 17 years?

Yes, you can join Indian Navy after completion of your 12th standard with Science stream being a 17 years old candidate. Eligibility criteria required to join Indian Navy through NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You should be a citizen of India.

2. You should be within 16.5 to 19.5 years of age.

3. You should have passed 12th standard or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board.

4. You should be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. You should be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.
6th January 2017, 10:14 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I join Indian navy on the basis of 12th science and age of 17 years?

Being a Class 12th passed candidate with science stream and 17 years old you have the option becoming commission officer in Indian Navy. For the same you will need to qualify NDA entrance examination.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and NDA examinations are held twice every year. Also to be eligible for appearing in the same examination you must satisfy the following criteria :-

i) You must be an unmarried Indian male candiate.

ii) You age must lie in between 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

iii) You must have completed your Class 12th in any stream from a recognized board. Further to join Indian Navy or Indian Air force you need to have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in your class 12th.

iv) You must satisfy the physical fitness requirement norm as per the service requirement.

Apart from officer's entry on the basis of your educational qualification you are also eligible for sailor entry once your age is as per the requirement of same.

For more details and updates regarding the entries in Indian Navy and NDA examination you must refer to the link www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
8th January 2017, 07:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir, my name is Sahil Pawar. I have completed my 12th science 49% & my current age is 17 years. Can I join Indian navy. Please tell me. My email ID is [email protected].
Yes, you can apply for Indian Navy exam through NDA exam.

NDA examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. NDA exam is conducted for recruitment in-Army wings, Navy wings, Air force wings.

The minimum educational qualification for NDA exam is 12th standard from a recognized board. If your 12th subject is mathematics and Physics then you are eligible for all above wings otherwise you can apply only for Indian Army. The candidates age should be in between 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidate. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply in NDA exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?