7th February 2016, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

Which course is better to take for graduation to become and IPS officer in future?

Sir/Mam,

I want a information to what is the better course in graduation for i.p.s. And better field depart. ?????????? So sir help me? I wanted to know the best course which we can take in graduation which would help for becoming IPS?

Thanks!

7th February 2016, 10:59 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course is better to take for graduation to become and IPS officer in future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I want a information to what is the better course in graduation for i.p.s. And better field depart. ?????????? So sir help me? I wanted to know the best course which we can take in graduation which would help for becoming IPS?

Thanks!
You can do graduation graduation degree in History or Geography to become an IPS officer. Both mentioned subject are scoring subject.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

List of IPS Main Optional Subjects:-

Agriculture, Management, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mathematics, Anthropology, Mechanical Engineering, Botany,Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics,Commerce & Accountancy, Political, Science & International Relations, Economics, Psychology, Electrical Engineering , Public,Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian History, Zoology, Law.

List of IPS main Optional Literature Subjects:-

Arabic, Gujarati, Manipuri, Sanskrit, Assamese, Hindi, Nepali, Sindhi, Bengali, Kannada, Oriya, Tamil, Chinese, Kashmiri, Pali, Telugu, English, Konkani, Persian, Urdu, French, Marathi, Punjabi, German, Malayalam, Russian.
7th February 2016, 02:24 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which course is better to take for graduation to become and IPS officer in future?

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and for recruitment as I.P.S Officer, you have to qualify in Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to pursue any course of your choice and interest. Candidates are also eligible to select the optional paper for Civil Services examination other than graduation discipline.

The examination is conducted in three stages. For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th February 2016, 02:33 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To become IPS you have to complete your graduation in any discipline from recognised universitie with minimum 50% marks and 45% for reserved categories.
Age limit should be in between 21 to 30 years and relaxation is provided to reserved categories.

So I would like to suggest you to choose that subject in your graduation in which you are interested and it is your strength.
7th February 2016, 05:01 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. UPSC conducts Civil Services exam for different services like IAS, IPS, IRS etc. UPSC has clearly mentioned that candidates from any discipline of bachelor's degree are eligible to apply for this exam. So, there is no such specific stream which a candidate need to pursue in order to be eligible for this exam.

You can pursue your bachelor's degree in any stream as per your interest. Always keep in mind that subject which you would like to take as an optional subject in Mains exam of Civil Services exam. So, you can take that subject in bachelor's degree as it will help you in preparation for mains optional also.

The minimum age limit to apply for Civil Services examination is 21 years. Upper age limit is 32 years and three years upper age relaxation to OBC candidate and five years to SC/ST candidates.
7th February 2016, 07:02 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir/Mam,

Thanks!
Since, there is no restriction in the Specialization for Civil Service examination. However, you can prefer the Graduation course, such as, B. Com, BA, BBA etc. The graduation of Arts and Commerce stream syllabus closely interlinked with Civil Service Exam syllabus so you can learn more effectively.

Eligibility Criteria for IPS Exam:

- The main eligibility for attending this IPS entrance examination is a pass Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

- The candidate should be reached 21 years of age and not exceed 20 years of age at the time of appearing IPS entrance test.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in/
7th February 2016, 11:51 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir/Mam,

Thanks!
The aspirant can study any one of the subject in graduation (like B.A or B.Sc or B.E or B.Tech or MBBS etc) as per his interest. If you have more interest in Mathematics then you can choose B.Sc Mathematics in graduation. The subject will help and improve your analytical skills. So it is up to the individual to decide about the graduation course. The eligibility to appear for IPS preliminary examination is a pass in graduation from a recognized university. There are many coaching classes available for the same.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?