26th March 2016, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

A I eligible to apply for IAS or IPS post when am doing last yea of graduation?

I am last year in graduation ...so can i apply for IAS & IPS post? Can someone please let me know the criteria followed for the same? It will be really helpful if someone can answer me as soon as possible. Thank you!

26th March 2016, 07:18 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: A I eligible to apply for IAS or IPS post when am doing last yea of graduation?

Yes one can apply for IAS or IPS post ( which are among the highest administrative post ) while reading in the last ( final ) year of his graduation degree course.

Now to be an IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) or IPS ( Indian Police Service ) officer one has to clear Civil Services examination held once every year by UPSC ( Union Public Service Commission ). The examination comprises of three stages which involves Preliminary test, Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

--> To be eligible for the same examination the minimum eligibility criteria required are as given below :-

* You must be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 21 years to 32 years in case you belong to general category otherwise there is provision of age relaxation for other reserved category candidates.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course with any stream from a recognized regular or open university. Students pursuing final year of the same degree course are also eligible.

For more details about the same examination you can refer to the link www.upscexam.com or www.upsc.gov.in.
26th March 2016, 07:44 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: A I eligible to apply for IAS or IPS post when am doing last yea of graduation?

IAS and IPS comes under Civil Services examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year. The eligibility for Civil Services examination is as below:

>>Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for Civil Services examination.

>>The age limit for candidates for open category is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category for three years and five years for OBC and SC/ST candidates.

You can apply for Civil Services examination being a final year candidate. From 2015, paper II of Civil Services has been made qualifying and candidates need to score only 33% marks in CSAT. The notification for Civil Services exam will come on 24th April, 2016. After that, you can apply for exam at http://www.upsconline.nic.in.
26th March 2016, 11:56 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidate pursuing in final year of graduation are eligible to appear for UPSC Civil Services examination.

The eligibility to appear for Civil Services examination is candidate must have passed or pursuing in final year of graduation. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination but, you have to submit your original documents at the time of document verification at the time of interview. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?