30th October 2017, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for OAS exam on the basis of IGNOU degree?

I am graduate from Indira Gandhi National Open University with 59%. Can I apply for OAS exam? Please reply me. My mail id is [email protected].

30th October 2017, 08:31 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for OAS exam on the basis of IGNOU degree?

The full form of OAS is Odisha Administrative Services. Odisha Public Service Commission conducts the exam.

Eligibility criteria for OAS exam:

1. You must be a graduate. Those who are pursuing final year of bachelor's degree can also apply for it. IGNOU is UGC and DEC recognized university and its degree is fully valid for OAS exam.

2. The age criteria is 21-32 years. Reserved category candidates eligible for reservation benefits in upper age.

You can apply for OAS exam on basis of IGNOU degree.
30th October 2017, 10:31 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

OAS stands for Odisha Administrative Services. The minimum academic qualification required to apply for OAS exam is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for the OAS examination.

IGNOU is Indira Gandhi National Open University. IGNOU is a recognized university. The degree obtained from this university is valid for OAS examination. The age limit for OAS exam is 21-32 years.
31st October 2017, 08:33 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

First thing I would like to let you know about IGNOU ( Indira Gandhi National Open University ) is that it is one of the national university in India and hence there is no question about the validity of degree issued by IGNOU for appearing in any examination or for applying for any job.

So as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for OAS ( Odisha Civil Services examination ) having completed your bachelor degree course from IGNOU then you should not be worried about the same because of the reason provided above.

For more details and updates about OAS examination you can visit the link www.opsc.gov.in .
31st October 2017, 01:19 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you can apply for OAS examination being an IGNOU candidate, there is no problem in it.
The acronym of OAS is Odhisa Administrative Services.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for OAS examination.
Candidates age must be in between 21 to 32 years.
Since IGNOU is a recognized University, you can apply for the examination.
31st October 2017, 05:16 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

In order to appear for OAS (Odisha Administrative Services) exam, you must have completed bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized board.
Since you have completed your bachelor's degree from IGNOU (Indra Gandhi National Open University) board which is a recognized university, so you are eligible to apply for ODS exam.
14th August 2021, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation in distance mode from Agra University after diploma .can I apply upsc .
16th September 2022, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for OAS on the basis of IGNOU degree
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?