19th April 2017, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for IAS exam with a Degree from IGNOU? What is the procedure to apply for the exam?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing my Graduation from IGNOU and after completing it I want to appear for IAS exam so I want to know can I appear for IAS exam with a Degree from IGNOU? What is the procedure to apply for the exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

19th April 2017, 07:30 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I appear for IAS exam with a Degree from IGNOU? What is the procedure to apply for the exam?

IGNOU refers to Indira Gandhi National Open University and same is one of the Central University of India and hence degree from the same university is recognized for Civil Services examination.

* Further for appearing in IAS examination officially known as Civil Services examination held by UPSC you need to have the qualifications mentioned below :-

i) You must have the citizenship of India.

ii) Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years in you belong to general category. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

iii) You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any subject from a recognized university.

For appearing in the same examination you just need to apply for same examination on visiting the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in when the applicable forms are made available. For more details about the same examination you can visit the same link.
19th April 2017, 07:34 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IAS exam with a Degree from IGNOU? What is the procedure to apply for the exam?

Yes, IGNOU is a recognised university of India and degree offered from university is valid and candidates with degree are eligible to appear for various entrance examination.

So, you are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC and after qualifying in examination eligible for final recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

The application form for examination is available online and last date for application of 2017 examination is over. So, you have to wait for next year to appear for examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
19th April 2017, 10:56 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Yes, of course you can give IAS exam after completion of your graduation from IGNOU. IGNOU is a well recognized and approved university. For being an IAS officer you have to give IAS exam which is conducted by UPSC. You can apply for this exam online on the official website of UPSC :

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
17th November 2017, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

I have completed 12 in 2014 then I drop academic study for two years for exam preparation but can't get success. In 3rd year I have taken admission in BA in IGNOU. Can I sit in upsc exam after graduation and will it be difficult in cracking this exam as far as my drop out for 2 years is concerned. Reply sir I will be very thankful.
22nd November 2017, 02:24 PM
nishanth60

#IAS examination is conducted by UPSC every year to recruit the candidates for Administrative Services.
#The minimum educational qualification required to apply for IAS examination is Graduation in any discipline from recognised institution/ university.
#Age limit to apply for IAS exam is 21-32 years and age relaxations are 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for PH candidates.
#Selection process of IAS exam is written test,personal interview and medical test.
#As you have completed your graduation,you are definitely eligible to apply for IAS examination.
22nd November 2017, 10:49 PM
srkallinone

Yes. You are eligible to apply for IAS after completion of your bachelor's degree from IGNOU.

Steps to Apply For IAS
- Visit the website : www.upsconline.nic.in
- On homepage, Click "Online Application".
- Now click on " Online Applications of Various Examinations of UPSC"
- Go to "Examination" menu. Two options will be displayed namely "Part I Registration" and "Part II Registration".
- In Part I Registration, You have to select the examination from the list of active examinations and Fill the other basic details.
- In Part II Registration, You will have to select the examination centre, upload the photograph, signature and make a fee payment.
23rd November 2017, 02:27 AM
your answer

Hi, yes of course you can. Ignou has all types of affiliation I.e. DEC,DDE,UGC which is required for a open university to be recognised by any authority. So, be assured about that & focus on the IAS exam.
Every year upsc conduct civil service exam I.e. IAS/IPS exam.you just keep your eye on the notification releases by the upsc.
Thank you
7th July 2018, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

Yes it is possible . IGNOU is a well known recognised University, so after completing your graduation you can seat for IAS exam .There are a lot IAS /IPS and state public service officers who got there degree from IGNOU. Therefore I wanna say without any hesitation you can try to achieve the throne of IAS or IPS.
18th April 2019, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

I am appealing direct ty from mumbai hindi university (uttama exam) so can I eligible for upsc exam?
26th May 2019, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my bachelor's degree in BMS and further I want to give civil services exam but even want to complete my masters degree so which degree should I opt from IGNOU?
20th July 2019, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

Does IGNOU offer any special BCom courses for students pursuing CA course?
2nd August 2019, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

I have completed BSC in HOSPITALITY AND HOTEL ADMINISTRATION from IGNOU .Can i aplly for ssc ,railway ,upsc and other government jobs?
1st September 2019, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

I am single sitting degree is it eligible for upsc
18th November 2019, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for civils examination with open degree. Without 10th and intermediate?
20th April 2020, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

Next year 2021 I am 3rd year degree student can I apply for the UPSC exam ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?