2nd July 2015, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in GATE for getting job in PSU being a B.Tech(EEE) candidate?

Hello Sir,
I am a student of B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics Engineering branch. I want to get job in PSU. So, I have to apply for GATE for getting job in PSU? Kindly tell me about this.

4th July 2015, 11:43 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in GATE for getting job in PSU being a B.Tech(EEE) candidate?

Yes you need to apply for GATE Examination if you want to get a job in PSU's. Since most of PSU's taking the GATE Score as their Preliminary Selection Process. So based on this score only they can go for further process.

In general Selection Process for PSU's is held on the below steps.

>> GATE score

>> Group Discussion

>> Interview

Being a EE Candidate you can apply for " Electrical Jobs " like NTPC, Transco, GENCO , Power Grid Corporation, ONGC, IOCL, etc.,

Only the candidates have a rank of below 1000 only be shortlisted for " Further process" .

And all most all companies accepting GATE Score.
5th July 2015, 04:07 PM
mwh

Default Re: Should I have to appear in GATE for getting job in PSU being a B.Tech(EEE) candidate?

Yes,it is compulsory to qualify in the GATE exam to get job in the PSU companies.
The list of PSU companies are:
BHEL,BEL,HPCL,EIL,BPCL,MECON,NACL,NLC,NHPC,SAIL,NT PC,IOCL,ONGC,UCI,coal india,mazagon clock,powergrid,raitel,rites etc.
You should complete BE/B.TECH full time regular course from AICTE approved college.
5th July 2015, 11:36 PM
xiomi china

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I am a student of B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics Engineering branch. I want to get job in PSU. So, I have to apply for GATE for getting job in PSU? Kindly tell me about this.

It is not compulsory that you have to apply for the GATE to be eligible for the PSU. Actually, the people apply for the GATE because if you get good rank in GATE then you will be eligible for the PSU without written text of PSU else you have to study for the PSU and clear its written test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?