24th September 2014, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NDA as per my date of birth?

I want to join indian army as a officer after passing 12th class when i was 18 6 year old my date of birth is 17 aug 1998(today i studying in class 9th in army school)

26th September 2014, 09:12 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA as per my date of birth?

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. The NDA exam is conducted by the UPSC twice a year for the candidates who are interested to join in Indian Army, Navy and Airforce. To be eligible to appear for the NDA exam, you must satisfy the following eligibility criteria :-

1.You must have completed 12th or equivalent from a recognised board.

2.The minimum and maximum age limit is 16 1/2 and 19 1/2 years.

3.You must be a citizen of India.

4.You must be a male candidate. Female candidates are not eligible to appear for the NDA exam.

5.Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible to appear for the NDA exam.

6.You must be physically and mentally fit.

Since, you are in the 9th standard with an age of 16 years, when you will be completing your 12th or equivalent, your age will be nearly 20 years. So, you are not eligible to appear for the NDA exam as you are crossing the age limit required to appear for the NDA exam.
27th September 2014, 09:19 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to join indian army as a officer after passing 12th class when i was 18 6 year old my date of birth is 17 aug 1998(today i studying in class 9th in army school)
Your date of birth is 17th august 1998 so after completion of 12th board you are eligible for NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy examination. NDA is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with pure science department(Physics,Mathematics and chemistry) then you are eligible for Indian Air force officer through NDA exam. Final year students are also eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years. Unmarried male candidates can apply for NDA exam.
1st July 2015, 08:13 PM
mohitpanwar06

Post Re: Can I apply for NDA as per my date of birth?

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. The NDA exam is conducted by the UPSC twice a year for the candidates who are interested to join in Indian Army, Navy and Airforce. To be eligible to appear for the NDA exam, you must satisfy the following eligibility criteria :-

4.You must be a male candidate. Female candidates are not eligible to appear for the NDA exam.
9th July 2015, 11:33 PM
mohitpanwar06

10th July 2015, 05:23 AM
pointer01

Hello,

Entrance exam conducted by NDA is for those students who want to join Indian army, Indian Navy or Indian Air Force.
Since, you want to join Indian Army, so, you have to give entrance exam.

Eligibility Criteria for NDA Entrance exam-

@ You must be a citizen of India.
@You must have completed class 12th from a recognized board.
@You must have attain the minimum 16 years of age and your maximum age would not be exceed than 19 1/2.
@You must be a unmarried candidate.

After 12th, as your age will be 20 years. So, sorry to say but, you will be not eligible to give the NDA exam.
18th December 2020, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

I am in 9th standard. M a girl and my age is 15 years. How can I became an Army officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?