9th June 2017, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I get government job after studying civil engineering?

Sir, I知 Sanavi. I知 studying civil engineering now I知 8th semester. After completing what option we have to get government jobs. I want to do government job and I can do all work? Please tell me Sir.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in Civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  2. Eligibility for applying job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  3. How to get Government job after completing diploma in Civil Engineering?
  4. What are government jobs available for civil engineers?
  5. How can I get a job in government sector while studying automobile engineering second year?
  6. How should I prepare to get a job in Civil Engineering in government sector after passing B.Tech Civil?
  7. What should I do to get a government job while I am doing 3rd year B.E Civil Engineering course?
  8. How to get a job in government section after completing diploma in civil engineering -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What is the procedure followed to get a government job after completion of Civil Engineering?
  10. Am I eligible for Government jobs if pursuing Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  11. Government jobs available for Civil Engineer? Chances of getting job in Abroad?
  12. What are the various competitive exams to write for getting government job while doing B.Tech Civil Engineering 3rd year?
  13. How to get Government job after completing Civil Engineering?
  14. Can I get a government job after completion of B.TEch in Civil Engineering?
  15. In which area i should focus to crack government job in Civil field?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for a Government job in the Civil Sector at Uttar Pradesh after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering from KSOU? -- [New]
  17. Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of diploma in Civil Engineering?
  18. Can I get defence engineering job after studying Civil Engineering? I am interested to do a job in Defence
10th June 2017, 01:36 AM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get government job after studying civil engineering?

To get a government job the candidate must have completed his/her graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. The age of the candidate should be in between 21 to 32 years and the candidate should be the citizen of India. After completing your graduation you are eligible to write various government exams such as Sbi, Ibps, railways, ssc, upsc. You need to check employment newspaper on a regular basis so that you can get updates of the upcoming examinations.
10th June 2017, 10:15 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I知 Sanavi. I知 studying civil engineering now I知 8th semester. After completing what option we have to get government jobs. I want to do government job and I can do all work? Please tell me Sir.
After completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering, you can apply for government sector exam.

You are eligible for government sector jobs like Civil Service Exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for CSAT exam. Final year students are also eligible for this exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years. Age relaxation is provided for reserving candidates.
10th June 2017, 11:42 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can get government jobs after completing civil engineering. Here are some of the companies where you can apply for jobs:

> ONGC

> BSNL

> BEL

> SAIL

> ISRO

> NTPC

> ECIL

> DRDO

> GAIL

> BHEL

> NTPP etc.

You can apply for jobs in government banks and also in Indian Railways. You can also join IAS/IPS services by cracking the Civil Services Examination. You can join Indian Navy/Army/Air force and many more. All these jobs are provided to the candidates after they qualify the respective entrance examinations, so you have to prepare well for the examination at first.
10th June 2017, 01:42 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes, you can get a government job after studying civil engineering. Civil engineering graduates can apply for IAS, IPS, IES, RRB etc. and can apply for various jobs in the state government departments like High Ways Department, Public Works Department, Metro Water, Municipal Corporations etc. Civil engineers also apply for jobs in various PSUs like SAIL, BHEL, ONGC, IOCL, NTPC etc. For getting a job in government sector, you have to clear the written test and interview. Competition for the government job is very high, so, you have to prepare well to clear the examinations. PSUs conduct separate examinations or use GATE score for selection.
10th June 2017, 08:15 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get government job after completion of your Civil Engineering course from a recognised university. You can apply for Assistant Engineer (Civil) and Engineer (Civil) posts in government sector. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in Civil Engineering or related stream from a recognised university are eligible to apply for Civil Engineer related government jobs.
10th June 2017, 10:37 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

List of Government jobs after studying Civil Engineering:-

Indian Oil Corporation Limited- IOCL

Oil India Limited- OIL

ndian Space Research Organisation- ISRO

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited- BHEL

DRDO

Railways Jobs

L and T

SAIL

Jindal Steel Plant etc.

The other government services jobs are:-

Banking

Railways

Postal

Teaching

CBI

RAW

Civil Services

Defence Services

SSC etc.
11th June 2017, 12:45 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes you can get government job after completion of your B.Tech in Civil Engineering.
There are various government job you can apply for according to their eligibility criteria.
Following are some government jobs, in which you can apply:
>Railways
>Civil Services
>Defense Services
>Banking
>SSC
>Teaching
>Indian Oil Corporation Limited
>DRDO
>Oil India Limited
>Teaching
>Postal
13th June 2017, 09:06 PM
Ezhil Gold Shelton N

Smile Re: Can I get government job after studying civil engineering?

Hai friend,
There are various government jobs after your successful completion of your BE civil engineering course some of them are BHEL , IOCL , bharat petroleum, railway, army,etc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?