9th June 2017, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NDA exam, if my legal age is 16?

Now, I am in 10th, but I want to join NDA after my 12th with commerce stream but as because i was not getting admission in my school for my younger age. So, my duplicate birth certificate was made of the year 1999 and now according to birth certificate. I am 17, but my legal age is 16. So can I join NDA?

10th June 2017, 12:40 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA exam, if my legal age is 16?

Whether it's duplicate age or original age, actual age is considered based on the age that is given in the 10th Class Marks list. Age criteria is considered as on 10th Class based age. Here is the minimum age criteria required for NDA (National Defence Academy) Examination.

>> The minimum age required is 16.5 years for NDA Examination

>> Maximum age must not exceed 19 years in order to be eligible for NDA Exam

As your age is 16 years, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for NDA Examination.
10th June 2017, 12:52 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Now, I am in 10th, but I want to join NDA after my 12th with commerce stream but as because i was not getting admission in my school for my younger age. So, my duplicate birth certificate was made of the year 1999 and now according to birth certificate. I am 17, but my legal age is 16. So can I join NDA?
Sorry, that you are not eligible for NDA exam with 16 years. You need to reach at least 16.5 years to be eligible for NDA entrance exam. So, please wait for 6 months. Once, you reached 16.5 years then definitely you are eligible for NDA entrance examination.
10th June 2017, 09:59 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you can apply for NDA exam because your age is 17 years old.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
10th June 2017, 11:22 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and to appear for this examination you have fulfill some eligibility criteria. So, in order to help you I have attached a link below where you will be able to find the total regarding the eligibility for NDA, examination pattern and many other useful details.

Download the file from the give link and go through it carefully, so that you don't miss any important information.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NDA 2017eligibility.pdf(383.6 KB, 2 views)
10th June 2017, 11:55 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination, if your legal age is 16 years. To be eligible to appear in NDA examination, you should have passed your 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a recognised board. You should be within 16.5 to 19.5 years of age, should be an unmarried male candidate as well as physically and mentally healthy to be eligible to appear in NDA examination. Since, you have not attained the minimum age of 16.5 years, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination.
10th June 2017, 08:43 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that for appearing in any examination the date of birth which matters ( i.e; official ) is the date of birth mentioned in the admit card of your secondary school examination i.e; Class 10th board examination and hence your year of birth will be 1999 as per your school certificate when you apply for any further entrance examination.

Now as far as you are concerned about appearing in NDA ( National Defense Academy ) entrance examination then first thing I would like to let you know that for appearing in same examination your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

Now as you have mentioned that right now you are pursuing your Class 10th and as per your certificate your current age is over 17 years so you are not eligible for appearing in NDA entrance examination as your age will be over 19.5 years which is the maximum allowed age for appearing in the same examination by the time you complete your Class 12th academics which is the minimum required educational qualification for appearing in the same examination.

For more details about NDA entrance examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
13th June 2017, 09:20 PM
Ezhil Gold Shelton N

Unhappy Re: Can I apply for NDA exam, if my legal age is 16?

Sorry, you are not eligible only your actual age is considered for NDA you must have the age limit between 18-22 after your successful completion of 12th standard examination during the certificate verification after getting passed in NDA you will be rejected according to your age
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?