12th April 2016, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Air Force having secured 60% In 12th PCB?

Sir,
I have completed 12th Science with 60% marks. But my group is Physics, Chemistry and Biology. So can I join Indian Air Force? Please give some information.

13th April 2016, 09:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Air Force having secured 60% In 12th PCB?

No, you are not eligible to join in Indian Air Force after completion of your 12th standard with PCB stream from a recognised board. To join in Indian Air Force, the candidate must have to appear in NDA examination by satisfying the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have attained the minimum age of 16 1/2 years and must not have crossed the maximum age of 19 1/2 years.

3. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. You must be Physically fit as per physically standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.
14th April 2016, 01:15 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for recruitment in Indian Air Force after pursuing PCB in 10+2.

The required qualification for recruitment in Indian Air Force is candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to appear for NDA examination and hence, not eligible for recruitment in Indian Air Force.
14th April 2016, 01:24 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

No, PCB passed candidates are not eligible to appear for NDA ( Air Force) examination.

So, you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force after 10+2 with PCB, But, if you have interest in defence jobs you can appear for NDA examination for recruitment in Indian Army.

To have more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th April 2016, 01:26 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for Air Force having PCB. There is no any requirement of particular stream or subject. You need only 12th qualification with 60% aggregate if you are in general category. Age should not less than 17.5 years.
Candidates under reserved category get benefit as per government norms.
14th April 2016, 07:53 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The entrance examination which is conducted at 10+2 level to enter into different wings of Defence is National Defence Academy entrance exam. It is conducted by Union Public Service Commission two times every year.

Eligibility criteria:

>>For Indian Air Force, a candidate must have studied Physics and Mathematics in 10+2. candidates from PCM category are not eligible for Air Force through NDA exam.

Even at bachelor's degree level, for CDS exam also, mathematics and Physics is compulsory.

You are not eligible for joining Air Force after 10+2 with 60% marks in Science stream with biology.
14th April 2016, 12:52 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment in Indian Air Force, it is necessary to have mathematics and physics as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to appear for recruitment in Air Force. NDA examination is conducted by twice every year. The examination is conducted for recruitment in Air Force, Navy and Army and Naval Academy.

So, you cannot join Indian Air Force.
14th April 2016, 01:27 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, being a Class 12th passed student with PCB group you are not eligible for joining Indian Air force as well as Indian Navy as for both these wings only PCM group students are applicable.

But in case you are interested to be an defense officer then you have the option of Indian Army and for joining the same you will have to first join NDA.

--> NDA stands for National Defense Academy and as the name suggests it is a defense academy meant for providing education and training to those who manages to clear NDA entrance examination and interested to be a defense officer.

--> NDA entrance examination are held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

--> For appearing in the same examination for joining Indian Army wing of NDA you must have the qualifications mentioned below :-

* You must be a male candidate with nationality of India and your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your higher secondary degree course or must be in the final year of same with any discipline / stream from a recognized institute. Students having any equivalent degree are also eligible.

* You must have physical and mental fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For more details about the same examination you can refer to the link www.upscexam.com or www.upsc.gov.in.
14th April 2016, 02:35 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No, you will not be eligible to join Indian Air Force after passing 12th in PCB group of subjects. The academic qualification required to join Indian Air Force through NDA is 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics and 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering for CDS exam.

However, with your qualification you can apply for Indian Military Academy through NDA.

Eligibility criteria to get admission in NDA for Indian Military Academy are following:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

-The candidate should have passed 12th class of 10+2 education system from a recognized board.

-Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for the exam.

-The selection process involves of Written Examination followed by Personal Interview by Service Selection Board.
6th August 2019, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

I am student of biology and i am a girl, i want to join Indian airforce can i?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?