7th February 2014, 10:58 PM
siddharthgd

Can I write IAS Exam if I do bachelor degree from US?

Suppose that if i am going to US then tell me that Can i write IAS Exam if i go to US for my bachelors and then return back ?

8th February 2014, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I write IAS Exam if I do bachelor degree from US?

sir I am Shivanand N. Mane. I studing in BE 3rd year(6th sem) in computer science,I can write IAS and IPS exams
9th February 2014, 09:59 AM
Experts
Senior Member+

Being 3rd year candidates are not eligible to apply for IAS Examination. To apply for this examination the applicant must hold degree or pursing in the final year of degree course and then only you are eligible to apply. Even Awaiting exam results of degree course may also eligible. But Pre-final year candidates are eligible to apply for IAS Examination.

IAS i.e Indian Administrative Service and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year. Civil Service Examination will be divided into three level : Prelims, Main followed by Personal Interview.

Academic Qualification should have a degree course in any discipline like B.Sc, B.C.A, B.Com, B.B.A, B.A, B.B.M or Master degree of a recognized University. Any eligible candidates can apply for IAS Examination. But the candidate must be citizen of Indian or Subject of Bhutan or Subject of Nepal. Age should between 21-30 years on 1st August of the year examination. Relaxation in the case of the reserved categories. If you want to apply for this examination you have to satisfy the eligibility criteria like Academic Qualification, Age limits and other criteria. More details, Visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
10th February 2014, 06:26 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthgd View Post
Suppose that if i am going to US then tell me that Can i write IAS Exam if i go to US for my bachelors and then return back ?
Hey friend,

Details About IAS:

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and this is one of the Indian Civil Service exam and this exam is being conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and this exam is held every year.

There are criteria's which are needed for applying for the IAS exam and they may include such as:

# Nationality

# Age Limit

# Education qualification

To be descriptive about these criteria refer below for information regarding them:

-> The candidate appearing for the exam must have a Citizenship in India

-> The Age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate must have 21-30 years of age for General category candidate.There are certain upper age relaxation for other category candidate.

-> The candidate for SC/ST candidate is that the candidate should have 21-35 years of age and for the OBC candidate it is 21-33 years and if you are a Ex-service men then you will get 5 years exception from the prescribed limits.

-> The Education qualification which is needed for the exam is that the candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage.

As you have completed a Degree you are eligible as per the Education qualification.

There are certain amount of attempts which is allowed:

For General category candidate it is 4.

For SC/ST there is no age limit

For OBC candidate it is 7.

For more info check at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
7th September 2021, 06:29 PM
Singhskomal

If you have Indian citizenship than definitely you can appear for IAS ( Indian administration services).
Any graduate can apply for IAS.
Age limit - 18 to 32 years for general category.
Age relaxation for sc/ st candidate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?