14th November 2016, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

Can I write the NDA exam at the age of 18 years? What is the procedure to apply for the exam?

Respected Sir, My name is Viraj and I am 18 years old. I want to appear for the NDA exam so I want to know am I eligible to write the exam at the age of 18 years? If yes then please tell me what is the procedure to apply for the exam?

15th November 2016, 11:29 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write the NDA exam at the age of 18 years? What is the procedure to apply for the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, My name is Viraj and I am 18 years old. I want to appear for the NDA exam so I want to know am I eligible to write the exam at the age of 18 years? If yes then please tell me what is the procedure to apply for the exam?

Yes, you can write the NDA examination at the age of 18 years. The minimum age limit to attend the NDA examination is 161/2 years and the maximum age limit is 191/2 years. So you can write NDA examination at the age of 18 years. The NDA examinations are conducted by the UPSC. The candidates who have passed 10+2 are eligible for the NDA examinations. The candidates must be unmarried and physically fit to apply for the NDA examination. The application forms will be released in the month of January and July every year. You can apply online for the examinations. The website link is Click Here
15th November 2016, 02:15 PM
Solution1
Junior Member+

Default Re: Can I write the NDA exam at the age of 18 years? What is the procedure to apply for the exam?

Yes of course. You are absolutely eligible to apply for NDA examination. The examination notification will be available in the official website of UPSC NDA. The application forms are received by online mode and you can pay the fee through Debit / credit / internet banking. This year examination has been already over. Next year notification will be released in the month of January.
15th November 2016, 02:16 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and the examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in defence services. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th examination from a recognised board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

So, you can appear for examination and after final selection in both stages of examination eligible for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2016, 02:32 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy entrance examination. UPSC conducts NDA/NA entrance examination twice every year for recruitment of candidates into different wings of Defence.

The eligibility criteria for NDA/NA examination is that candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board. For Navy and Air Force, mathematics and Physics is necessary in 10+2. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years for candidates of all category. Only unmarried male candidates can apply for NDA examination.

Procedure to apply for NDA examination:

>>Candidates who meet this eligibility criteria can apply for NDA examination at official website of UPSC which is http://www.upsconline.nic.in. You can check latest notification of NDA examination at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2016, 03:27 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and NDA examination is held for selection of students for joining NDA who are interested to be a commissioned officer in Indian defense sector.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

a) You must be an unmarried Indian male citizen.

b) Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

c) You must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline from a recognized board. In case you are interested to join Indian Navy and Indian Air force then your academics must include PCM along with English as main subjects.

d) You must satisfy the physical fitness norm as per the details provided in the notification table of same examination.

So being 18 years old you are eligible for appearing in NDA examination if you satisfy the other criteria mentioned too.

For more queries regarding the same examination you can visit the website www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2016, 05:05 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for NDA entrance examination. The examination is conducted in two stages as written and SSB.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only unmarried physically fit male candidates are eligible.

So, you can appear for examination which will be conducted in April next year. The application for examination will be available from January. The application will be available at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2016, 05:41 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. Anyone who has studied upto 10+2 from a recognized board and is in age range 16.5-19.5 years is eligible to apply for NDA examination provided that he is male and unmarried. Female candidates are not eligible to apply for NDA examination. Physical fitness is necessary for this examination.

NDA exam has written test and Service Selection Board. The online application of NDA examination is done at official website of UPSC.
15th November 2016, 05:54 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:

Academic qualification: Senior secondary from a recognized board. Those who want to apply for Navy and Air Force, mathematics and Physics is compulsory.

Age limit: 16.5-19.5 years.

Marital status: Only unmarried male candidates can apply for exam.

Online application for NDA exam is done at www.upsconline.nic.in. You are eligible to apply at age of 18 years.
15th November 2016, 06:57 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NDA is National Defence Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:

1. You must have done 12th from any recognized board. If you are interested in joining Navy or Air force, you must have studied Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

2. Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. At age of 18 years, you can apply for NDA exam.

3. Unmarried male aspirants are only eligible for this exam.

Official website to apply for this exam: http://www.upsconlne.nic.in.
15th November 2016, 09:28 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to write NDA examination at the age of 18 years. To be eligible to appear in NDA examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a recognised board. You should be at least 16 /1 2 years old and not more than 19 1/ 2 years of age to be eligible to appear in NDA examination. You should have to apply for NDA examination through online at UPSC official website https://upsconline.nic.in/ once, the NDA examination notification is released by UPSC.
15th November 2016, 09:34 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can write National Defence Academy entrance examination at age of 18 years.

Age criteria for NDA examination:

16.5-19.5 years for all candidates.

Academic qualification for this exam is 12th passed or appearing from any recognized board.

The procedure to apply for exam is that all those who have these criteria can apply for NDA exam when notification for exam is out. Website at which online application is done is http://www.upsconline.nic.in.
15th November 2016, 11:03 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

You are eligible to write National Defence Academy entrance examination at age of 18 years. You must be unmarried male India citizen to apply for NDA examination. The minimum qualification for NDA examination is 10+2.

Minimum age required is 16.5 years and upper age limit is 19.5 years.

The first step is to apply for exam and then next stage is to appear for exam and clear it to get into desired wing of Defence.
15th November 2016, 11:15 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and the same examination is held for selection of applicants for their recruitment as defense officer after providing then necessary training and education.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

a) You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

b) You must have complete your Class 12th in any stream from a recognized board. Further for joining Indian Navy and Indian Air force you must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English in the same degree.

c) Your age must not be below 16.5 years and must not exceed 19.5 years.

d) You must satisfy the physical fitness norm as specified in the notification.

So being a 18 year old candidate you are eligible for NDA examination on the age requirement ground but you must satisfy the other criteria too.

For your NDA examinations are held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written examination and SSB interview respectively.

For more details and updates regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2016, 11:42 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to appear in NDA (National Defence Academy) examination being an 18 years old candidate. The minimum and maximum age criteria required to appear in NDA Examination is as follows.

>> Minimum Age Required to appear in NDA - 16.5 years

>> Maximum Age Allowed to appear in NDA - 19 years

There is no such age relaxation for reserved category candidates. So the above age criteria is strictly followed. As you are an 18 years old candidate, I am sure you are certainly eligible. NDA Official notification will be issued on 18th January 2017. I request you to keep visiting UPSC website and there you may find the links to apply online in due course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?