10th April 2017, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

Which course to choose to become a Judge?

Sir, I have passed 10th class final examination. I want to become a Judge. Which course I can do for Judge? I mean which line should I choose? Please give me advice

11th April 2017, 12:50 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course to choose to become a Judge?

In order to become a judge at first you have to complete your 12th standard in any stream with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board. Then you have to appear for CLAT entrance examination and join a law college to pursue 5 years integrated LLB course or you can pursue 3 years LLB course after completing your graduation. After completing LLB you have to practice as a lawyer for a couple of years. Next you have to appear for Judicial Service Examination conducted by the State Public Service Commission. The selection will be dome on the basis of marks secured in the examination followed by personal interview. Hence, after clearing all that you will be selected as a Judge.
11th April 2017, 04:42 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have passed 10th class final examination. I want to become a Judge. Which course I can do for Judge? I mean which line should I choose? Please give me advice

First you have to study Graduation in Law to become a Lawyer. Candidates after completion of 10+2 can apply for the admission to BA LLB or BCom LLB courses (5 years) or candidates after completion graduation can apply for LLB course (3 years). After completion of law graduation, you can enroll with Bar Council of India to practice in courts. There are two ways to become a Judge. One is through Judicial Service Examinations conducted by the State Public Service Commission. Those selected will be appointed as Judges at entry level courts across the state. The other way is those who are working in High Court as an advocate having practiced a minimum of 10 years will be recommended by the Judge or Judges for Judge Appointment. Based on the recommendations the advocate will be appointed as a Judge.
11th April 2017, 11:28 PM
khanexpert

In order to become a judge, you will have to pursue LLM course and for that you will first of all have to complete your LLB course from a recognized university.

After completion of your LLB course, you should try to first of all try to gain some experience and them prepare for LLM examination.
11th April 2017, 11:44 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

First of all you need to complete graduation. After that you need to pursue LLB course which is of three years.
After that you should do practice and after minimum 7 years of practice you will be eligible to apply for Judge.
12th April 2017, 12:49 AM
ranu shahi

You have to pursue 12th and graduation first. Then after you have to do LLB course which is of three years. And mind it always that for pursuing LLB you must have scored 45% in graduation. After that you have to practice as a lawyer for minimum 7 to 10 years. Then you have been eligible to apply for the post of judge. There is an internal entrance exam conducted for the post of judge.
12th April 2017, 01:04 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

To become a judge the candidate need to pursue graduation in law degree or LL.B. To pursue LLB the candidate must have to give common Law Admission Test(CLAT) entrance exam. The candidates should have selected Arts as stream in their 10+2 and must have score a minimum of 50% for general candidates and 45% for reserved categories candidates in their Higher Secondary from a recognized board of education.The age should be 20 years for general and OBC and 22 years for ST/SC.
12th April 2017, 07:08 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become a Judge:

In order to become a Judge, you are required to follow certain procedure as far as the basic educational qualification is considered.

>> The minimum educational qualification required to become Judge is "Bachelor of Law" and after that attainment of Experience in Law is mostly required.

>> The basic educational qualification required is "Bachelor of Law" or LLB from a recognized university and LLB course can be done after completion of 12th Class or Graduation.

>> Minimum age must be 35 years for becoming a Judge. So I suggest you to first become a lawyer and attain years of experience in order to become a judge.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?