5th March 2015, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Indian Forest Service exam for B.E.(ECE) final year student?

Sir,
I am B.Tech final year in ECE branch.
So I can allow to give Indian Forest Service exam?
Kindly tell me the details of this exam.
Thank you and regards-

Related Questions:
  1. Are commerce students eligible to join Indian Forest Service?
  2. Eligibility to apply in Indian Forest Service exam for B.Tech(IT) 3rd year student?
  3. Can I apply for Indian Forest Service Exam after doing B.Tech ECE? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Eligibility to join Indian Forest Service for B.E. student?
  5. Eligibility to appear in Indian Forest Service exam for B.Sc(Zoology, Biotechnology and Chemistry) student?
  6. Will I be eligible for UPSC to join IFS being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech in Biotechnology?
  7. Am I eligible to apply for Indian Forest Service exam being a 32 years old OBC candidate?
  8. Eligibility to apply in Indian Forest Service for B.Sc General graduate?
  9. How to find a career in Forest Department other than by IFS Exam and IIFM being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of Chemical Engineering?
  10. Can I choose Chemistry in 2nd paper of Indian Forest Service recruitment exam being a English undergraduate SC student?
  11. Indian Forest Service, Statistics Paper I Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  12. Which are the good coaching centers for Indian Forest Service examinations in Hyderabad?
  13. Indian Forest Service, Physics Paper I Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  14. Indian Forest Service, Statistics Paper II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  15. Cutoff marks for Indian Forest Service?
  16. What is IFS stands for? In which service I will get work after qualifying in UPSC exam, Forest or Foreign?
  17. Can I apply for Indian Forest Service after graduating BSc Electronics?
  18. Detailed information and eligibility to appear in Indian Foreign Service exam?
5th March 2015, 10:07 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Indian Forest Service exam for B.E.(ECE) final year student?

Indian Forest Service examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year for the recruitment of candidates to various posts in Forest department. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IFS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules as mentioned below :-
--> OBC :- 3 Years
--> SC/ST :- 5 Years

3. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering from a recognised university.

Selection Procedure :-
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Mains Examination

No. of Attempts :-
--> General :- 6
--> OBC :- 9
--> SC/ST :- No Limit

Since, you have completed your Bachelor's degree course, you are eligible to appear in Indian Forest Service examination.
5th March 2015, 10:48 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Indian Forest Service exam for B.E.(ECE) final year student?

UPSC - Union Public Service Commission's Indian Forest Service (IFS) details are given below.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate must be a citizen of India or subject of Nepal or Bhutan.

* Candidate must have lower age limit of 21 years and upper age limit of 32 years.

* Age relaxation for OBC students is 3 years.

* Candidate should be physically fit according to the physical standards for admission to Indian Forest Service (IFS) examination.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS :

* Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects like Animal Husbandry, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Zoology or Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or Engineering in any of Universities.

* Every candidate appearing for the examination who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted six attempts at the examination.
6th March 2015, 12:53 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
Thank you and regards-
Every year central government conducts Indian Forest Service’s Exam (UPSC) for enlistment to Forestry Services of India.

The Job hunter age limit should be in the middle of 21 to 30 Years, as in before 1st July of that year.

Applicants need to clutch the Bachelor Degree in Science with at least one of the succeeding subject: Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Geology, Statistics, Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry; or Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (any stream) / Forestry/ Agriculture; or MBBS.

If you meet the above eligibility, then you can apply for the post in Forest service.

The notification will be in the month of February/ March and the exam will be in the month of July. The final selection is based on the written test and interview. If you want to apply for IFS, then you need to participate in the Civil Services Aptitude examination and the next step is to unblemished the IFS main examination.
6th March 2015, 09:27 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
Thank you and regards-
Yes, you are eligible for Indian Forest Service exam.

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering are eligible for IFS exam.

Final year student are also eligible for IFS exam,

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation is provided for SC/ST/OBC candidate category candidates.

Pattern for IFS exam:-

Paper I:- General English (300 marks)
Paper II:- General Knowledge (300 marks)
Paper III-VI:- Any two selected optional subject (200 marks for each paper)
Personality Test:- 300 marks
6th March 2015, 10:44 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IFS (Indian Forest Services) Exam. Final year candidates who are pursuing their degree are also eligible to apply for IFS Exam. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for IFS Examination "Graduation" Or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.

Educational Qualification:

>> A Bachelor's Degree with at least one of the subjects namely,
* Botany
* Mathematics
* Animal Husbandry
* Veterinary Science
* Physics
* Chemistry
* Zoology
* Geology
* Statistics

(Or)

>> Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture or Forestry

(Or)

>> Bachelor's Degree "Engineering" from a recognized university

Important Note:
Candidates appearing at their "Degree Examination (with prescribed Subjects)" are also eligible to compete. Candidates qualifying on the result of the written part of the examination will be require to submit the proof of passing the requisite examination along with their detailed application form to be filled up at that stage.

Click here for More IFS Exam Details
6th March 2015, 01:05 PM
smithapriya

Every year UPSC conducts Indian Forest Service’s Exam for enlistment to forestry services of India.
Candidates should be graduated with at least one of the subject like Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Mathematics, Statistics and Geology from a recognized university / Institute with minimum 60% marks.
The candidate’s age limit should be in between 21 to 30 Years, as in before 1st July of that year.

IFS written examination comprises of following papers:
Paper 1st: General English
Paper 2nd: General Knowledge
Paper 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th: Candidates need to select any two subjects from the list provided by the government.
Usually the notification in the month of February or March and exam will be in the month of July.
10th April 2015, 10:45 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Definitely dear you are eligible to apply for Indian Forest Service Examination with your educational qualification. For further information and eligibility criteria you can go through the below information.

Eligibility criteria for the Indian Forest Service Examination :

1.You should complete the graduation from the recognized university with minimum percentage of marks. But there is No restriction on percentage.

2.Age should be in between 21 to 30 years and there is a age relaxation as per the government rules.

3.Final year students can also eligible to apply.

Date of Notification for the Examination : February/March

Date of Examination : July.
14th February 2018, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

I am now final year BE electronics student. I am eligible to attend deputy range forest officer exam or not please respond this question??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?