23rd December 2017, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for Air force exam after 12th PCM

What is the minimum required percentage in 12th (PCM) to be eligible for the Air force exam? l have 75% marks in pcm of 12th class. So, I wonder if I am eligible or not.

Related Questions:
  1. How to become a pilot in Airforce if I am not interested in science?
  2. How to join Indian Air Force for a candidate with 71% in 12th PCM?
  3. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I join the Indian Air Force after completing class 10th? What is the eligibility criteria required for applying?
  5. Procedure to join Indian Air Force for a candidate with 50% in 12th PCM?
  6. How much percentage must be required to apply after 12th for Indian Air Force?
  7. Can I join Indian Air Force with 84% in Maths, 87% in Physics, 93% in English and 88.2% aggregate in 12th?
  8. Can I get into IAF having secured 2nd Divison in 10+2? When will be the next notification for Flying branch?
  9. How to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?
  10. Eligibility to join Indian Air Force for a girl candidate?
  11. Can I apply for NDA while pursuing Engineering degree course? -- [New]
  12. Can a Female candidate join the Indian Air Force? What is the eligibility criteria required to join the Air Force?
  13. How to join Air Force after completing BSc? I have completed 12th from PCM
  14. How to join Air Force after passing 12th class? What is the eligibility for Air Force?
  15. How to apply for Air Force? I have passed 12th PCM
  16. Procedure for joining India Air Force after 12th standard with PCM?
  17. What's the eligibility criteria and selection procedure for joining Air Force? Currently I am studying in 11th
  18. How to get a job in Air force after passing 12th with 62% in PCM
23rd December 2017, 09:38 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for Air force exam after 12th PCM

One who is interested to join Airforce, has to appear in the NDA examination that is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. One who has completed 12th standard with PCM from a recognised board is eligible to apply for NDA examination and if you qualify that examinations then you will be eligible to enter into Air Force stream.
23rd December 2017, 09:46 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Indian Air Force (NDA) examination after completion of your 12th standard with PCM stream from a recognised board. Eligibility criteria required to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Air Force is mentioned below :-

--> You should be a citizen of India.

--> You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board.

--> You should be in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years.

--> You should be an unmarried male candidate.

--> You should be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.
23rd December 2017, 09:50 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To join Airforce after passing your 12th standard with PCM you have to appear in the NDA examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year. Once you qualify the NDA examination then you have to appear for the personal interview as well as for the medical fitness test.
23rd December 2017, 10:20 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Air Force after BCA by clearing the CDS (Combined Defence Services) Exam.
For airforce and Navy, candidate must be a graduate from recognised university having Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.

Eligibility criteria:-

> A candidate must be Indian citizens.

> Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for it.

> A candidate must be physically fit.

> A candidate must have an eyesight of 6/6.

> A candidate must have minimum height of 157 cms.

> Candidate's age should be in between 19 and 23 years.
23rd December 2017, 10:24 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Having completed your Class 12th with PCM group with 75% marks you are eligible to join Indian Airforce as an officer and airmen both as per your educational qualification.

For joining as an officer you need to qualify NDA ( National Defense Academy ) entrance examination. Further for appearing in NDA entrance examination you need to be an Indian male citizen with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

Further for joining as an airmen you need to qualify its entrance examination and for appearing in same you need to have the citizenship of India with your age lying within 17 years to 21 years.

For more details and notifications regarding different types of career opportunities in Indian air force you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in .
24th December 2017, 12:58 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after qualifying in NDA examination you will become eligible for recruitment in Air Force.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board with PCM ( for Air Force and Navy ).

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years and only male candidates are eligible.

The examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. Candidates have to qualify in written and SSB stages for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
26th December 2017, 05:29 PM
smdk

To join in IAF after 12th (PCM), you have to apply for National Defense Academy (NDA) entrance exam which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. Candidates must be below 19 years. Minimum acceptable height is 162.5 cms.

Notification of Exam (Tentative): Sep/Oct and May/June
Conduct of Exam (Tentative): March/April and Aug/Sep

Candidates should apply only online. Online application will be available in www.upsconline.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?