14th February 2017, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Which field to study to become a police officer?

I’m now studying in eleventh and I want to be a police officer. I don’t know which field I have to select for becoming a police officer. Tell me some steps Sir or Mam.

14th February 2017, 10:41 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which field to study to become a police officer?

In order to become an Officer in Police department, you are required to follow certain eligibility criteria. Before that, I suggest you to get the basic eligibility criteria that is required.

>> You must have completed "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university in any discipline.

>> As any discipline in Graduation is accepted, you may choose any stream in which you are very good at.

>> As you are presently pursuing 11th class, I suggest you to concentrate on academics first and after successful completion of 12th Class you may choose Graduation stream in which you are most interested at.

>> If you are willing to go for Non Traditional courses then B.E/ B.Tech is the best course. On the other side, if you are willing to go for Traditional courses side then B.Sc or B.A courses are preferable and I suggest you to choose the best stream based on your interests.
15th February 2017, 04:36 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If you want the recruitment as an I.P.S Officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Services examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline and age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you have to pursue bachelor degree after 12th. Candidates have to qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection.

But, you must start the preparation for examination from now if you aim to qualify in examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th February 2017, 08:30 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

To become a Police officer in Police department, you are required to meet the basic eligibility criteria that is required. The basic minimum eligibility criteria that is required given below.

>> Minimum educational qualification required is "Bachelor Degree" or Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> As you are presently pursuing 11th Class, you have lot of time to appear in Entrance examination.

>> To become Police officer, you need to appear in Civil Services Entrance examination. As graduation is required to be eligible, I suggest you to choose the best stream in Graduation based on your interests and skills.

>> Preferably B.E/ B.Tech/ BCA/ B.A or B.Sc/ B.Com are good courses in Graduation to be eligible.
15th February 2017, 11:00 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Any graduate can apply for police officer posts.

The eligibility to become a Police Inspector are as under:-

-The candidate should have a citizenship of India.

-The minimum qualification required to apply for the post is Bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

-The physical standards requirement to apply for the Police Inspector post are

*Height-

**For male candidate-170 cm.

**For female candidate-157 cm.

There is relaxation in height for hill men and tribals by 5 cm.

*Chest: 80 cm without expansion and 85 cm with expansion. (There shall not be such requirement in case of female candidates)

* Vision: Eye-sight without glasses or without correction;

**Distant vision: 6/6 in one and 6/9 in the other eye.

**Near vision: 0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in other eye.

-The selection process consists of written exam and physical test.

-The written exam is for

*General Knowledge

*General Awareness

*Reasoning Ability

*Maths.
15th February 2017, 11:57 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

If you want to join an Indian Police Service you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

For that minimum required qualification is bachelor degree in any discipline. So, you have to wait till bachelor degree completion to appear for examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?